Lumia 930 availability

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully. So close and yet so far! lol

Woohoo! Got an email with a tracking list. Says to track from tomorrow morning so assuming an afternoon delivery. Still, it's on it's way to me tomorrow!

My phone is sitting in Exeter which is about half an hour from where I am. Unfortunately I'm at work so won't be able to play with it until I get home. :(

Still haven't got an actual time slot though, so dunno when it will actually arrive, but I am really looking forward to it. Couldn't really sleep last night knowing it was coming today. :p

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My phone is sitting in Exeter which is about half an hour from where I am. Unfortunately I'm at work so won't be able to play with it until I get home. :(

Still haven't got an actual time slot though, so dunno when it will actually arrive, but I am really looking forward to it. Couldn't really sleep last night knowing it was coming today. :p

Mine is on it's way and due for delivery early this afternoon. Can't wait!! :-D

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Last edited:

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I gave up waiting on O2 to release the phone and instead pre-ordered via Carphone Warehouse. ?33 per month and the wireless charger, speaker, ?20 pack...but I also (apparently) get ?100 cashback in some form or another. Which is nice if true!

Got a text from CPW saying that DPD will deliver it today and that I will hear from them...nothing from them so far though.

Can't wait for the phone. But this was probably one of the worst releases of a flagship phone I've ever seen. Hardware released as the Icon 6 months ago, announced that it will be called a 930 running WP 8.1 about 3 months ago...then nothing. Very quietly it's being delivered randomly in some countries, France had it, Holland, Poland etc. It's listed on O2 as Coming Soon for a month, Windows 8.1 is already released on the 635 and 630 a month ago.

Nokia/Microsoft need to learn from Samsung and Apple on how to launch a phone. Set a global release date and announce it one month earlier...

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I tracked him all day and when it got to the 16th person (I was 20th), I managed to get an early lunch and cycled home to beat him to the door. Literally one minute after I got in, he knocked on the door. I was so relieved. :p

Also, has anyone else notice that you get a none-portable wireless charger? I was so happy to find this lying inside my package. :D

I will be looking forward to receiving the portable charger and speaker next week. :)

Don't worry, currently going through the rigmarole of backing up my contacts to transfer. Ahhh hindsight!

Have you not got Windows to do this automatically? If not, then why not? :p

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I tracked him all day and when it got to the 16th person (I was 20th), I managed to get an early lunch and cycled home to beat him to the door. Literally one minute after I got in, he knocked on the door. I was so relieved. :p

Also, has anyone else notice that you get a none-portable wireless charger? I was so happy to find this lying inside my package. :D

I will be looking forward to receiving the portable charger and speaker next week. :)

I had heard whispers of a wireless charger being included in the box as well, so if this is true for UK models then even better!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I am now, going to download the app that transfers vis blutooth to save mucking around! Had to download like 40 updates though.

Just waiting for the SIM to swap over so my new 930 can actually be used as a phone lol

RE the wireless charger - yes, there is a non portable DT-601 in the box (black). Nice!

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

Interesting. I called CPW because I hadn't received any delivery details and it sounds like they cocked something up. They said "the bundle and the phone come as one...so if the bundle is delayed it probably delayed the phone"...which is weird because you have received yours, and I got the same text as you yesterday saying my phone is coming today!

Did you get any delivery details in the end?

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Went to my local O2 store at lunch, they had delivery of 3 black 930's and 2 green.
Went through getting a refresh on my contract to get a black one...annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the O2 system hasn't been updated with the 930.
It doesn't show in the list of phones when processing in store, so they can't sell one until it does.
I have to come back tomorrow when it should be showing then.
#epicfail
On the plus side they have reserved one for me due to the small number they received, and the receipt has the imei number so I've already filled out the online form for the ?130 of goodies.

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I called CPW because I hadn't received any delivery details and it sounds like they cocked something up. They said "the bundle and the phone come as one...so if the bundle is delayed it probably delayed the phone"...which is weird because you have received yours, and I got the same text as you yesterday saying my phone is coming today!

DPD did text me with my delivery details and a link to track my phone. I haven't received my bundle, but the text definitely says that it will be delivered by Thursday the 24th.

I would call them and start causing an uproar about it as they have clearly messed up your order. You never know, they might give you something else free as an apology. :)

maguro

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

Same here except I didn't get any delivery details. Had two chats on the phone and they both said that it was out of stock when I ordered it (within an hour of the pre order going live), one said I would get it tomorrow, the other said Monday.

I don't mind waiting, I'm just a bit annoyed at the lack of info from CPW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05