Lumia 930 availability

N1Andy

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
There's a basic wireless charger dt601 in with the phone, but the bonus pack includes the dc50 - this is a charging plate with a built in 2400mah battery, so you can unplug it and charge wirelessly on the go.......you can also charge it on the other wireless charger (ie wirelessly charge the wireless charger) - very funky!

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Same here except I didn't get any delivery details. Had two chats on the phone and they both said that it was out of stock when I ordered it (within an hour of the pre order going live), one said I would get it tomorrow, the other said Monday.

I don't mind waiting, I'm just a bit annoyed at the lack of info from CPW

Yeah...I have less patience than you! CPW said they messed up my order and that the phone was in stock but because the bundle is delayed it has delayed everything! They said they will send it tomorrow.

In the end I called up the O2 store in Watford who had a Lumia 930 in stock and kept it aside for me. I cancelled the CPW order and will go to O2 and try get them to match it (EE are doing the same deal for ?30...).

Otherwise there is a CPW in Watford I'll go to and see if I can get the online deal in person instead!

Martin87

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Took delivery of mine today, just updating apps and things at the moment!

How do I get Cortana (I'm in the UK), I thought it was available now but I have nothing on the phone about it! and does anyone have any idea how to claim the ?100 cashback with CPW?

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
its painful watching the little DPD delivery driver on line slowly making his way to my house..hes on delivery 97 and i am delivery 112.. :) i should get home from work just in time..

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Took delivery of mine today, just updating apps and things at the moment!

How do I get Cortana (I'm in the UK), I thought it was available now but I have nothing on the phone about it! and does anyone have any idea how to claim the ?100 cashback with CPW?

i got my cash back in store when i ordered. he credited it to my card.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So mine came at about 2:40 this afternoon (good timing since, since the tracking system said it would be with me between 2:34 and 3:34), set up the device, restored my backup and downloaded all the apps. Sapped most of the juice that was already in the battery but now its charging away on the wireless charger from the box:

WP_20140717_001.jpg

As a few others have said it did get a little hot, but that's understandable when its downloading 50+ apps and games. I started a brand new Vodafone contract and ported my number from Virgin, which will complete tomorrow, and redeemed my pre-order pack via the website. I don't seem to have the app voucher but I hope that will be sent to me with the pre-order pack, otherwise I'll have to get onto them about it:

WP_20140717_002.jpg

maguro

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...I have less patience than you! CPW said they messed up my order and that the phone was in stock but because the bundle is delayed it has delayed everything! They said they will send it tomorrow.

In the end I called up the O2 store in Watford who had a Lumia 930 in stock and kept it aside for me. I cancelled the CPW order and will go to O2 and try get them to match it (EE are doing the same deal for ?30...).

Otherwise there is a CPW in Watford I'll go to and see if I can get the online deal in person instead!

Cancelling the order was my first plan too. Walked 20 minutes to what was my local CPW to find that it'd closed down and no other carrier shops nearby. Could have gotten the bus to town, but I checked myself and remembered it was just a phone and I has more important things to do!

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
So mine came at about 2:40 this afternoon (good timing since, since the tracking system said it would be with me between 2:34 and 3:34), set up the device, restored my backup and downloaded all the apps. Sapped most of the juice that was already in the battery but now its charging away on the wireless charger from the box:

Can I ask what case you have on the phone? Is it squishy or hard plastic? I'm not living the look of the official fold-over ones so still shopping around before the handset arrives tomorrow.

*edit* assuming there's actually a clear case on there and it's not just the way the lighting is hitting the metal surround 😁

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Got mine too, all set up and ready. To go. Battery was half charged and is still about 45% after set up. It did get pretty hot...blurry txt when scrolling is the only annoyance so far..apart from that loving wp. Transfer my data app was seamless as well from my HTC one x.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Can I ask what case you have on the phone? Is it squishy or hard plastic? I'm not living the look of the official fold-over ones so still shopping around before the handset arrives tomorrow.

*edit* assuming there's actually a clear case on there and it's not just the way the lighting is hitting the metal surround

Haha, yeah there's definitely a clear case on there; its a little quishy but it fits the phone like a glove so there's no play in it at all. I ordered this one a few days ago in preparation for when my phone arrived until I find another one, although this one seems pretty good so far. It's this one, if you're interested:

New Nokia Lumia 930 2014 CLEAR Gel / Silicone / Hybrid Case Cover Skin With BONUS Nokia Lumia 930 Screen Protector Accessories Accessory By InventCase?: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha, yeah there's definitely a clear case on there; its a little quishy but it fits the phone like a glove so there's no play in it at all. I ordered this one a few days ago in preparation for when my phone arrived until I find another one, although this one seems pretty good so far. It's this one, if you're interested:

New Nokia Lumia 930 2014 CLEAR Gel / Silicone / Hybrid Case Cover Skin With BONUS Nokia Lumia 930 Screen Protector Accessories Accessory By InventCase?: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Thanks for the reply and link! I've ordered a hard case (black) since, mainly because it looks like the same type I used for my 920 (when not using the grey cover-all one). Not too keen on a black case obscuring the orange back but I guess we'll see!

Edited to add my choice - can't comment on the quality yet: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/390885943261

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My Clove.co.uk green Lumia 930 arrived a couple of hours ago! First impressions: metal band and phone is much slimmer than I expected. It feels very premium, reminds me of my 925. The green itself isn't overly bright, but very very nice. I set it up as a new device as opposed to a restore from my 1020 and so far the battery life has been great, no drain at all. The extra screen-estate is a massive improvement, and the phone feels less bulkier than my 1020. The included wireless charger is a massive improvement over the 920 version too. Much smaller with a USB plug. Really pleased so far!

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Received my orange Lumia 930 from Clove this morning, it's an impressive phone and a definite improvement from the 920.
The orange isn't as bright as the photos showed which is nice.

Battery life is good, screen is flawless. Not as heavy as I was expecting; OS feels very snappy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo