Battery Life

soy_corriendo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I just received the Lumia 1520 2 days ago. I have not seen spectacular battery life. It has been getting hot too. How do you get the most of the battery? That's one of the main reasons why I got this phone.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like there may be something stuck running in the background. Disable any background tasks you don't need. Then try a soft reset. Unless you're doing intensive game playing, your phone shouldn't get that hot. Mine has only gotten really warm once, when a game I had been playing didn't close properly. The soft reset fixed it, and it hasn't happened since.

The 1520 is generally known for its great battery life.

soy_corriendo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I did the soft reset. The only 2 apps that can run in the background are the Battery app and the Weather app. I'm at 98% and the estimated time remaining is 8 hours. I don't know what else to do.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't use it, but there are a few posts on this forum that say the battery app actually drains your battery quite a bit. You may want to do a forum search and look over the posts for battery app.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
You may want to go ahead and do another soft reset now. Again, let us know if this helps at all. My 1520 has great battery life, and I have had very few issues.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Right, just monitor throughout the day and see if your battery life is any better.

The estimated time remaining will hopefully get better after your next full charge. Plus, I don't think that estimated time remaining is all that accurate. It depends on the type of usage you do between charges, I think. I just go into settings and check the amount of battery remaining.

Obviously, if you are playing a lot of games, the battery will drain more quickly. If you're just texting or making calls, much slower battery drain.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just received the Lumia 1520 2 days ago. I have not seen spectacular battery life. It has been getting hot too. How do you get the most of the battery? That's one of the main reasons why I got this phone.

If the phone is new, the battery needs a week or two to settle. Don't bother with resets and tasks. Also, if you've installed WP8.1 preview, you'll have to wait until summer for better battery because battery life in 8.1 is terrible (for now, until Nokia updates firmware). Use your phone normally, keep the battery level above 50% (li-ion, li-poly batteries like to be full, don't discharge them to 0%) and report back in two weeks. Battery also goes quickly when you're fiddling with your phone, which you probably are, since you just got it.
What kind of battery life are you even getting now?

Yeah, they do get hot, that's what you get with quad core CPUs clocked more then my laptop, the CPUs get hot, and phones don't have any fans. If you didn't have a fan in your PC, it would quite quickly reach 60~90?C, depends what you'd do.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nothing kills a phone faster than Newphoneitius!! It is a deadly disease that can do terrible things to batteries in all phones. It drains the phones juice so bad, that you will be forced to put it on the charger once or twice a day. There is no known cure, but in time it does diminish and the battery does last longer. But it does start to come back when a MAJOR update has happened. But it's life span is not as long. Good luck and have fun.

Huppie

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had that experience (of a new phone needing to settle in) but I've been having the same problems since last night - the power draining very quickly and the phone heating up. I ran 4 updates from the app store late last night, but can't remember which ones. I closed all background applications, but that didn't do the trick. I also just now removed the 'batterij' apllication. (Dutch battery app) and I'm hoping that did the trick, but I'm not sure yet. But anyway, I was on 50% last night and this morning it was empty and that hasn't happened before.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I just did another one. Its still the same estimated time remaining.

The phone needs time to calculate time remaining. If you say play a game that is heavy on your battery for an hour the time left will be a lot shorter. However if you then leave your phone on idle for the next hour the time remaining will go up again.

People have to remember that this is an estimate of the time left and not the actual time left. It is like the fuel computer on your car. I do a lot of town driving and my car will show around mpg of about 12mpg and if it has half a tank left it will say something like 100 miles left to empty but if I'm driving on the motorway where I'm getting 25mpg it will say I have 200 miles to empty.

My 1520 had very good battery when I got it new, I was delighted the first night I had it because it only lost 4% but that when down to 2% after the first couple of full recharges. Then I downloaded 8.1 and it went mad using battery but the last number of nights it has dropped 1% each night and that is over the same amount of time each night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss