6th defective device [story over, wont try 7th time sorry nokia]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4th defective device

what? guys i seriously ordered my 1520 5 times already. if u own a 1520 u can easily compare it to previous models. also on Tuesday i will receive my 5th device maybe this will be proof for you all (in case it came defective) so hold your horses

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Well if the 1520 is so bad and so "cheap feeling" as you have said, and every 1520 out there has issues as you claim then why "#5"?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

You're insane. You're definitely buying cheap knockoffs or something. I have two, red and black, and their build quality is superb. No creaks, that "foam-ish" ring and display are perfectly set. Buttons are firm and click.

I was surprised you said the "plastic" was so thin you felt like you could pierce with your fingernail. Theres one reason why Nokia phones are heavier, due to them having a well constructed, body, partly due to thinkness.

Almost no android phone, comes with haac mics, ois, or an Assertive LCD display. Nokia brings touch notch quality, hardware and software.

Have no idea what you're talking about.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

U just talking rubbish or u buying fake Chinese models...lol...Nokia is known. For built quality no matter what range the phone is....i have Lumia 1020 and it awesome

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

You're insane. You're definitely buying cheap knockoffs or something. I have two, red and black, and their build quality is superb. No creaks, that "foam-ish" ring and display are perfectly set. Buttons are firm and click.

I was surprised you said the "plastic" was so thin you felt like you could pierce with your fingernail. Theres one reason why Nokia phones are heavier, due to them having a well constructed, body, partly due to thinkness.

Almost no android phone, comes with haac mics, ois, or an Assertive LCD display. Nokia brings touch notch quality, hardware and software.

Have no idea what you're talking about.

the polycarbonate is indeed a lot more thin than all previous models. just compare it to lumia 900 or lumia 920. and yes i want the lumia 1520 so badly. it is my last nokia device. i just refuse to believe that all devices are poorly built. i'm simply disappointed.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

the polycarbonate is indeed a lot more thin than all previous models. just compare it to lumia 900 or lumia 920. and yes i want the lumia 1520 so badly. it is my last nokia device. i just refuse to believe that all devices are poorly built. i'm simply disappointed.

Your simply from another planet if you think anyone is going to believe you.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

what? guys i seriously ordered my 1520 5 times already. if u own a 1520 u can easily compare it to previous models. also on Tuesday i will receive my 5th device maybe this will be proof for you all (in case it came defective) so hold your horses

So you have go 4 already.

Prove it!

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

why do people find it so hard to believe that someone has got 4 defective devices , why do people prefer to believe that someone would go out of their way to come ona forum and lie about getting 4 defective devices? I can believe it because it has happened to me several times and nokia's and other manufactuers quality control isn't like what it used to be

I have had

n97 handsets - loose hinges , scratched camera lens , dust under screen
n8 handsets - purple screen problems on 4/5 handsets before giving up even though my gfriends n8 didn't have it
808 - purple screen problem , dust under camera lens , one with creaky battery cover before I got a decent one
920 - wonky silver camera surround , light bleed from near back button , light bleed from near the search button , creaky housing when pushed in certain places , scratched polycarbonate plastic finally got a decent one
s4 - had two that came with chunks missing out of the silver surround , small chunks , but still a fault out of the box

not being funny but when I spend ?400/?500 on a device I expect a pretty good one , not one built on a Friday afternoon just before a bank holiday weekend or otherwise known as a lemon ;-) the thing is you can have two of the exact device in your hands and you can see that one is built better then the next one , with amazon they send you out a new one and you send the faulty one back and it really puzzles me how two exact devices can be built so differently , one can feel tight and well made but have dust under the camera the next can be perfect then it creaks when you touch it???

to be honest its bloody annoying , you go to buy your dream device , a gadget you've been waiting for , set it up and play with it , then notice a fault , you have to reset it , send it back or wait for the new one to turn up , set it up again etc etc its tedious and I don't think anyone would choose to get 4 defective units one after the other but it does happened and when it happends to you it isn't nice and causes lots of un-needed hassle :-/

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Your simply from another planet if you think anyone is going to believe you.

I believe him I have got through many devices before like my post above says , I also read about people going through loads of nokia 900s , nokia 928s , 920s and more ......... lets not forget one of the iphones was also coming with scratched silver out of the box a little while ago

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I believe him I have got through many devices before like my post above says , I also read about people going through loads of nokia 900s , nokia 928s , 920s and more ......... lets not forget one of the iphones was also coming with scratched silver out of the box a little while ago

His "story" was pretty implausible to begin with but when he said that he thinks he could put his fingernail through the back of the phone it became a lie.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Used, demo, referbs dont count, dont be cheap buy new and remember you get what you pay for, if it doesn't come with a 1 year warranty that should be the first clue to stay away.

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Used, demo, referbs dont count, dont be cheap buy new and remember you get what you pay for, if it doesn't come with a 1 year warranty that should be the first clue to stay away.

all devices where new! the first 2 from ebay are sealed but no warranty inside the usa. newegg and negri had 1 year nokia warranty.
waiting for the ups guy! he should be here any minute!

i received my 5th device. so far so good! none of the issues i experienced before! i will update the first post to keep u all updated!

Last edited:

chinesepiratefood

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

The chances of having to return 5 devices are so astronomically low, are you sure you aren't accidentally putting your phones in a blender?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo