WP 8.1 Preview After Effects - Now I cannot browse my files on my phone on my Laptop with Windows 7

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello Friends,

First of I will like to say that WP 8.1. preview is working like a charm apart from small bugs here-n-there. Everything seems to be working fine apart from the Browse Files feature on my Windows Explore.

Is any else having this issue? I have uninstalled the drivers from my laptop, rebooted the phone and laptop both. The drivers get installed automatically but the Browse Files windows explorer is empty. Now I cannot put my backed up data back onto the phone.

Any help will be appreciated :)

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My 925 with 8.1 works fine, but I'm running Windows 8.1 on my P.C. Unfortunately I dont have a W7 P.C. See if you can find a W8 PC to try it on. Maybe Microsoft decided to make it Windows 8 only? They have made things exclusive to newer versions of products that could run perfectly fine on older versions to force people to upgrade so I wont be surprised if this is the case.

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My 925 with 8.1 works fine, but I'm running Windows 8.1 on my P.C. Unfortunately I dont have a W7 P.C. See if you can find a W8 PC to try it on. Maybe Microsoft decided to make it Windows 8 only? They have made things exclusive to newer versions of products that could run perfectly fine on older versions to force people to upgrade so I wont be surprised if this is the case.

sure Thanks man .. will give it a try :)

dermotw

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have Win7 and 920 with 8.1, I see my folders and files via file explorer, just like before. I did notice it (my laptop) seemed to ID the phone as a new device after the 8.1 install, and (re) install the drivers. I have noticed in the past that with some USB cables the phone isn't recognised properly or seems to get 'stuck' somehow. Sorry it's not much help i know, but at least you know it should work!

-D

Capture.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos