My opinion on the 925 has changed

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick observation. When the 925 came out last June, there was lots of fanfare about its design, but I really didn't see what all the fuss was about.

However, my brother got his 925 yesterday (<?250 on EBay), and, well, what a stunning phone it is! It is very beautiful, and the colour (grey) is absolutely amazing, makes up for a lack of other bright colours in most other Lumia's, I would agree now it looks better than, for example, my 620.

Any others out there gone through the same realisation?

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
My (previous) phone, a 925, had its jack input messed up. I decided to buy a new phone, one I really loved for its design and layout, so I got a 925.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I got a 925 just a few days ago. Having been a 820 owner for the past 8 months. The phone is beautiful and stunning. If it were not for the fact it only has 16GB of internal memory I would have changed from my 820 to it. But while the 820 is not as pretty as the 925 it has the same insides and a SD slot (which I have a 64GB card in) for all the expanding I will ever need. The only other thing I did not like about it was (to get that beautiful unibody look) it does not have a removeable battery which the 820 also has. I decided to keep my 820 and gave the 925 to my wife to upgrade her 520. I am sure I will miss it carrying around that beautiful phone. Must have had 100 compliments in the few days I used it, but its still in the family so I guest its OK.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
i have a 1020 and a 925 to carnt makeup my mind which i like the best ;-) performance wise apart from the big camera they quite similar but the 925 is way more pleasing in appearance and to hold.

jaypatel19

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I got 925 replaced about 6 times in 3 months. I love the design but hate heating & network issues, overall got too many compliments for its design. it's business phone only, not for heavy use.

hunter49686

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Love my 925. Since purchasing the 925 I have sold my iphone 4s and ipad. I do feel however that the 925 is under-appreciated. Little is ever heard about it. The 925 is a serious phone lacking very little from apple or android. Internal storage is less of a deal breaker everyday with cloud available to everyone if you just pay attention.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Love my 925. Since purchasing the 925 I have sold my iphone 4s and ipad. I do feel however that the 925 is under-appreciated. Little is ever heard about it. The 925 is a serious phone lacking very little from apple or android. Internal storage is less of a deal breaker everyday with cloud available to everyone if you just pay attention.
Yeah but the SD card slot is pretty much a necessity to the majority of consumers (if the phone's internal memory is low, like 16GB of the 925). Reason why I didn't buy a 925 was because of its memory. To the business users, they only use it to call, sms and other light stuff which doesn't take up memory as much. Most other users listen to music, play games and take pictures, which take up a lot of internal memory nowdays.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
it depends of the business users...having a sd card is a must..putting all business files on it so I don't have to carry a computer

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I own both a 8X and a 925. I always liked the design on this thing and having owned one, I'll agree that if this was the 32GB model, I'd be set.

BigFuzzyArchon

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
just had to send in my 925 to nokia for repair and I missed it so much. 8.1 came out while it was gone so I didnt get to play. i am so happy to have it back its been great! love this phone

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I loved the 925's design initially but my experience has been soured a little by the loose back cover which flexes and has noticeable give around the top corners. It's one of those things that's not immediately obvious, but once you've noticed you can't un-notice it and it really affects the perceived quality of the phone. Every time I lay my finger on the back when making a call I can hear it rattle. It doesn't bother me most of the time because I have the wireless charging cover on. I considered taking it to Nokia to have it replaced but both my brother's and my Dad's 925 have the same issue so I suspect it's a normal 925 quality control issue.

Metal's nice and all, but the 925 can't hold a candle to my old Lumia 800's design and build.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I loved the 925's design initially but my experience has been soured a little by the loose back cover which flexes and has noticeable give around the top corners. It's one of those things that's not immediately obvious, but once you've noticed you can't un-notice it and it really affects the perceived quality of the phone. Every time I lay my finger on the back when making a call I can hear it rattle. It doesn't bother me most of the time because I have the wireless charging cover on. I considered taking it to Nokia to have it replaced but both my brother's and my Dad's 925 have the same issue so I suspect it's a normal 925 quality control issue.

Metal's nice and all, but the 925 can't hold a candle to my old Lumia 800's design and build.

I have two 925's and they don't have a loose back.

Where did you get the phone from? Were they all got from the same source?

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I have two 925's and they don't have a loose back.

Where did you get the phone from? Were they all got from the same source?
Well that's encouraging (and disappointing at the same time)... They were all purchased directly from an official Nokia store off-contract, though months apart.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ummm...
I don't have anything to judge the 925 against other than our 2 T-Mo 521's or past phones on other platforms.
However if this phone was injectible by hypodermic it would be difficult to come off of.

I must admit I have never had a device such as the 925.
I'm thinking it was aimed at cloud services being limited with internal memory.

When I first unpackaged this device it struck me in jewel like fashion.
Initially I didn't want to cover it with an ugly enclosure, yet I knew I would eventually toss it accidentially.
So a case was an inevitable.

Very much enjoying the L925.
Certainly an eye catcher along with it's benefits and internal memory limits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise