Restore App from SD card after a hard reset

fiknahs_osei

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,I recently did a hard reset on my phone. I had all my apps installed on my SD card so I took it out before hard resetting. But after resetting i put da sd card back in and my apps won't show. So I went to settings to turn on save new apps on SD card but I get a message to delete the apps saved on it first. I need to know if there is a way to restore the apps back. Thanks

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,I recently did a hard reset on my phone. I had all my apps installed on my SD card so I took it out before hard resetting. But after resetting i put da sd card back in and my apps won't show. So I went to settings to turn on save new apps on SD card but I get a message to delete the apps saved on it first. I need to know if there is a way to restore the apps back. Thanks

Since you did not create a bacckup first you will loose app data. After hard reset the previous installed apps on SD card will not be recognised by your phone and you need to format the SD card to use it again. The message you are getting to delete the apps saved is absolutely normal. There is a way to restore the app you were using but it would consume your data usage and download the apps. Go to store my apps. Here you will find the list of all apps you download now select the apps you want and install them.

fiknahs_osei

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys appreciate the help... I didn't backup ... Just felt since I had Dem installed on the SD card I wont lose them... Will install them back from the store... Thanks

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Since you did not create a bacckup first you will loose app data. After hard reset the previous installed apps on SD card will not be recognised by your phone and you need to format the SD card to use it again.

Is there a way to delete only the apps from the sd card without formatting the whole sd card?

bella noche

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
so you said there is a way, please please how can i do that? because i can't remember the apps i had and that is making me nervous as i had everything backed up t my SD card so please help

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Your question is a not very clear..
Did you already do a hard reset?
If not go to SETTINGS > backup > apps+settings > enable app and settings back up and push backup now.

If above backup is finished and you do a hard reset than during the setup you can "restore" a backup.
So all apps and settings are placed back. But be aware that you can loose some (game) settings . And if an app is taken out of the store you also can not get it back.
Furthermore all other data like music, pictures, videos, documents are not include in above backup.
These you have to backup separately in the cloud or on your PC.

If you have more questions please ask.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Your question is a not very clear..
Did you already do a hard reset?
If not go to SETTINGS > backup > apps+settings > enable app and settings back up and push backup now.

If above backup is finished and you do a hard reset than during the setup you can "restore" a backup.
So all apps and settings are placed back. But be aware that you can loose some (game) settings . And if an app is taken out of the store you also can not get it back.
Furthermore all other data like music, pictures, videos, documents are not include in above backup.
These you have to backup separately in the cloud or on your PC.

If you have more questions please ask.

Does this work after upgrading the OS too?

tothferko

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my lumia 520 and samsung 16 gb SD card class 6...

THE DIFFERENCE is that i DID backup all my phones content before software recovery.
Yet the SD card option does not shoq in app sotre that i could access the apps located on my SD card.

When I try tochange setting ofr app storage to SD card, it says that there are apps from a different phone.... first delete them. So it does recognize after all, but wh y say they are from different phone?it is the same device

Thanks in advance

rohitkumarparasar

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Harrie,

I believe even then after the hard reset an internet connection will be required for the detailed restore of all the apps(or rather reinstall + settings remembered).
Any chance the previously installed can be restored/connected?

- Rohit

MetteDK

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Hello Harri-S
I've read the above instructions before I did anything. It is correct that there came a question about restore - which I agreed to. But the settings is NOT as it was and the games is installed but on the phone and is as if it is the first time no progress. And trying to point apps to sd-card - it says there are app from another phone. Please help.
Best regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs