New Yellow 1020 heavier than old Black 1020

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Ive just returned my original Black 1020 due to faulty battery. I picked up a new Yellow one today, and it seems heavier and better built than my Black one.

Anyone else notice this.
Strange this one. Does anyone know if there were any internal hardware changes?

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
How long did you have your original one. If it's a faulty battery, that may affect the weight. You can't really tell for sure the weight difference, if any, without actually weighing both.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Only had my Black one for 3 weeks. This is the 4th week. Sadly I havent weighed both, but the battery started out ok, but then it took longer and longer to activate charging once plugged in, plus the battery started showinmg strange %s after restarts, sometimes it was totally dead, then other times 100%.. very strange.
but maybe it was due to faulty battery, i dont know.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Thats strange! They should comply with the specs and be @ 158 g .

I did unintentionally manage to make my 820 a little lighter by buying a battery off ebay, it looked the same as original and worked ok ,but was very light and upon close inspection i could detect a joint under the plastic skin, it was really a smaller battery 1/2 size that had a plastic adaptor added to increase its size ,worked ok but verymuch doubt its capacity was anything like a original one.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
jay6600

Thats strange! They should comply with the specs and be @ 158 g .
I did unintentionally manage to make my 820 a little lighter by buying a battery off ebay, it looked the same as original and worked ok ,but was very light and upon close inspection i could detect a joint under the plastic skin, it was really a smaller battery 1/2 size that had a plastic adaptor added to increase its size ,worked ok but verymuch doubt its capacity was anything like a original one.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah exactly.. 158g is 158g, however, maybe its like your old 820. Could be different battery, it would be nice to think so, because i do know some people have been having some serious battery issues, so maybe Nokia made some revisions.. My hardware revision is : 4.4.0.2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb