1520 users with wp8.1, please help

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Please, can you guys try downloading FIFA 14 and playing a game or two. Tell me if it lags. Mine stutters a lot.
It stutters today, plays well the next day

Glen Urbina

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what happened, I could play smoothly before 8.1... Now it lags a LOT! It must be a 8.1 problem with the memory management or something like that..

The only fix I have found is to restart the phone! You will be able to play it incredibly smoothly :)
but after you open several apps during the day it will become slower again for games!

Last edited:

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what happened, mine was smooth while playing before 8.1... Now it lags a LOT! It must be a 8.1 problem with the memory management or something like that..

The only fix I have found is to restart the phone! You will be able to play it incredibly smoothly :)
but after you open several apps during the day it will become slower again for games!

Maybe we need the Cyan update for some games to run smoothly

Planet X

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Tomorrow I will receive a new Lumia 1520 and I think about upgrading to 8.1 DP or not. On my first 1520 the swipe tab bug was really bad and after upgrading to 8.1 DP I could not play Subway Surf anymore as it was lagging so much. So I have sold it. But I could not stand without it and bought a new one. Since there was an update to Windows Phone 8.1 DP yesterday has there anything been changed with gaming? Is it still lagging?

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Tomorrow I will receive a new Lumia 1520 and I think about upgrading to 8.1 DP or not. On my first 1520 the swipe tab bug was really bad and after upgrading to 8.1 DP I could not play Subway Surf anymore as it was lagging so much. So I have sold it. But I could not stand without it and bought a new one. Since there was an update to Windows Phone 8.1 DP yesterday has there anything been changed with gaming? Is it still lagging?

Yes it's still lagging and the screen sensitivity issue is still there. Both of them won't be fixed till Cyan is released.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
My opinion is that some of the problems people are having may tie back to specific OEM device drivers not included in the DP that can have a major affect on performance. Likely once the official release from Nokia comes out with all the performance tweaks/drivers this will be much improved. Try installing windows on a pc without oem drivers, it will not run well, this is a very similar situation. (just my thoughts)

Cheers
BR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo