I do not see the media content in a text message

Ronald Urbassik

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I received a text message that says "Media content in this message".
When I select it, it says "Get Media content now (1kb)".
When I select that, it says "Getting media content... (1kb).
But I do not see the media content!

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
You need to configure your MMS settings first to retrieve the media in that message.
I received a text message that says "Media content in this message".
When I select it, it says "Get Media content now (1kb)".
When I select that, it says "Getting media content... (1kb).
But I do not see the media content!

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It's not media content. Youre in a group message with iPhone users. Its always shows up like that. Make sure youre not of wifi calling if you have that option. Also, make sure you have the MMS setup for group messaging.

Hope this clears it up for you.

iquanyin

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
i have this happening too. and its most definitely /not/ a group message. i also set up mms and was able to send a photo exacxtly one time, then never again. htc 8x, wp 8.1

the person was sending a text message, btw. no media content at all. this happens with other too. usually the sms arrives fine. but occasionally, its the "media content" bug. and i have to say either try again or email me.

Memristor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys find a solution for this problem? My wife has exactly the same issue with MMS. I thought DP8.1 update 1 would maybe solve the problem, but no such luck.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You need to go into cellular + SIM settings and look at your MMS settings. You should be able to get the right values from your carrier. Most of the time the phone can figure it out from your SIM but not always, for example on Straight Talk I always have to set them manually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon