Anybody know how to get your notifications sounds to come through the phone with Bluetooth connected

NSX38

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I have 8.1 on my 1520 and use my Bluetooth headset 97% of the time. I leave it connected all the time and noticed that I do not hear audible incoming text messages, e-mail alerts etc....... The alert sounds come through the Bluetooth headset, so just because I have my Bluetooth connected to my 1520 doesn't mean that I wear my headset all the time, so if I'm not wearing the headset a text message for example will come in and play the alert through the headset but I won't hear it obviously, so I have to check my phone periodically to see if I have text messages or e-mails that have come in. My wife has even complained that I don't respond to her text messages right away the way I use to when I had my Note 2. On the Note my Bluetooth would be connected just like I do with my 1520, but the sounds/alerts would still be through the phone and audible for me to hear unless I put the phone on silent. Is this an oversight on MS part? Or just something that'll be fixed when the official 8.1 update rolls out???

Thx

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have 8.1 on my 1520 and use my Bluetooth headset 97% of the time. I leave it connected all the time and noticed that I do not hear audible incoming text messages, e-mail alerts etc.......

The settings for this in 81.DP have been moved to Cortana.

Open Cortana, go to settings, then speech settings:

wp_ss_20140430_0001[1].png

From there you should be able to adjust how she notifies and plays back messages, etc... via Bluetooth. Right now I have mine set to "Bluetooth and Headsets" and I'm having no trouble with an LG HBS-700 headset, The Bluetooth Bridge in my Honda, and with a cheapo pair of wired headphones. Doesn't work currently on my ATT Landline Base station though (which allows Bluetooth pass-through) because of a funky microphone issue.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The settings for this in 81.DP have been moved to Cortana.

Open Cortana, go to settings, then speech settings:

From there you should be able to adjust how she notifies and plays back messages, etc... via Bluetooth. Right now I have mine set to "Bluetooth and Headsets" and I'm having no trouble with an LG HBS-700 headset, The Bluetooth Bridge in my Honda, and with a cheapo pair of wired headphones. Doesn't work currently on my ATT Landline Base station though (which allows Bluetooth pass-through) because of a funky microphone issue.

Thanks for that, did you put that tip in the sticky 'tips and tricks' bit?

Tom M

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
That did not fix the issue it just made Corona read text message out loud when no Bluetooth. I have same issues and it is very annoying anyone have a fix???

obadvw

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
i face the same problem with Bluetooth device connected , notifications come only thru bluetooth which is not on my ear all the time

is there a proper solution or fix to that issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett