820's camera...

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So, I've been rocking the 820 for about a year as my daily driver, an upgrade from both my Galaxy Nexus and my LG Optimus (Win 7.5).

And after a year, I have to say it has probably one of the most disappointing cameras on a feature phone I've ever had, certainly not an upgrade from the Nexus (although this phone is an upgrade is EVERY other way). For what it is, I think the 520's camera is impressive given its price point and lack of flash, but the 820 is seriously lagging. Unfortunately, the 920 has no SD card option.

Seems maybe I should have imported the 720 from overseas. Anybody else feel like the 820's camera underperforms?

herrie_abbink

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Imho it is quite good for daily use. The FB and Instagram pictures are satisfying for me considering the price of the phone.

Sent from my Lumia 820 WP8.1 using Tapatalk

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes agreed it was fine before Amber now lumia 820 camera is rubbish even 3000 rs feature.phone takes better photos than this stupid camera.images are greenish or yellowish indoors. This phone is definitely a waste phone compared to.any lumia series.it may have 1 GB ram that's the only thing that is great.my hard earned money is waste.This phone also has the worst battery backup of all lumia phones, it is a disgrace to whole lumia family.lumia 720 is world's apart compared to this crap by Nokia.Ian happy that Nokia has stopped producing this crap. If Nokia produce phone like this one then they will be soon in doldrums.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the 820 has lots of good aspects, above all the build is just impeccable. It's heavy, sexy, and the screen amazing. It also really ever hangs, and the experience is buttery slow in terms of multitasking.

That said... my god. The camera. What did they do? I think it's time for a new phone...

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
What design is impeccable it has ugliest design compared to lumia 720.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Never hangs yes only compared to low end android but sTILL freezes/unresponsive. Then we have to lock nd unlock to get out of it.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I think it's gorgeous, and mine very seldomly hangs up. I just think they really messed up BIG TIME with the camera. My other issue is that the weak SD card support. They seem to have this worked out in newer phones, though.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what some of you guys are smoking. The camera is pretty decent and the design is one of the best of the Lumias. Much easier to hold than the generic blocks they're releasing now (630/930).

The only thing it's really missing is OIS and a HD screen but that's why the 920 was created. I actually have better battery life on my 820 than my dad's 920 btw.

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree the Camera isn't that awesome as it should be, according to the specs,.. But its not too much of a deal breaker either.. I would rate it 3 on 5.
I heavily user my 820 and it never hangs, and if ever, it's a once in a blue moon kind of thing which is ok.
Multitasking is not slow either.i don't know what's up with ur 820s but mine is not a underperformer, it's smooth as it can get.
About battery, yeah it sucks only if data is on forever, otherwise its not that bad. And obviously if you are a gamer no phone is gonna last that long.
Also the design is great and I love this phone. Actually I find its design better than 720..

Conclusion: Yes, Camera does suck and is seriously an underachiever. I hope Nokia addresses this issue...

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what some of you guys are smoking. The camera is pretty decent and the design is one of the best of the Lumias. Much easier to hold than the generic blocks they're releasing now (630/930).

The only thing it's really missing is OIS and a HD screen but that's why the 920 was created. I actually have better battery life on my 820 than my dad's 920 btw.

What is your battery life when you use the phone.I meant on screen battery life.this lumia 820 sucks.compared.to my friends Sony Xperia sp or c.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys even Nokia lumia 520 takes better pictures compared to my lumia 820.

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
But I get great pictures on my Lumia 820. Just need some tweaking on the settings and its good to go. Though I admit 720 camera outperforms that of 820 for low light images.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok how you.are taking pictures indoor it is greenish/yellowish tinge everywhere.I never talk.about low light images.that is always the archiles heel of lumia 820.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I do not think camera is that bad.
wp20130704002.jpg

wp20140415011.jpg
wp20140423017.jpg

wp20140426003.jpg

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
What is your battery life when you use the phone.I meant on screen battery life.this lumia 820 sucks.compared.to my friends Sony Xperia sp or c.

It depends on what you're doing (games, music, Internet Explorer, YouTube, etc). All I know is it lasts longer than my older Android phone and my dad's 920 which both have bigger batteries than the 820. The battery life with developer preview 8.1 is more or less the same as it was before GDR3. GDR3 was a battery hog for me.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Battery is actually quite bad and the worst link of this phone and it is quite common to charge it twice a day. But I agree about GDR3, battery is now more or less the same but battery drains are now thankfully gone wit WP 8.1 developer preview.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_croatia_437 using Tapatalk

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is not good, atleast for me as I'm an avid gamer. But for photos I use the Nokia Camera app and get good results. I don't know how others are using the camera, or what expectations do they have from the camera.

Sent from my Nokia-Lumia-820 using Tapatalk

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Camera experience on Lumia 820 is subpar imo.

Camera is good ? yes but experience was just bad.It can take some great shots but takes lot of effort to get shots properly.Its not because of lack of camera skills or anything.
For example , I had lot of focus problems on video and also had problem with getting things like panorama correct.Normal shots were good but not "wow"

I am currently using Galaxy S4 (almost 9 months old) , It takes awesome pics , The quality is just fantastic.Very little effort to get wonderful shots.The ease of use and features are fantastic.
For example , Panorama is just so incredible and easy on GS4.I never got panorama shot correctly on 820 in my total 7 months usage.Its always hit and miss.Maybe once I got 180 degrees right but on GS4 I have no problem even with 330 degrees panorama.

As far as battery life is concerned , its not fair comparison but GS4 blows the Lumia 820's battery.
I think it has more to do with the OS rather than hardware because WP8 always failed to handle things properly in my case.

I always put Wifi ON like 80% of time and still get total of 24 hours usage from GS4 (5 hours screen time average), Lumia 820 struggled by 5PM or 6PM.
Lets say that I got an E-Mail , GS4 simply rings a notification as soon as mail is received but Lumia 820 always needed time to push notification.It was never instant.Even same with messengers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss