What is Wrong with This Picture?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so here's my issue... This afternoon, I went out to go shopping. When I left, my phone's battery was in the low 80s percentage range. All I did was listen to Nokia MixRadio offline, check the List and Things app for my grocery list and text very, very little with my boyfriend. When I returned home an hour later, the battery was down to 61%. That was a little alarming but not terrible. Less than an hour later, however, the battery was 50%. It kept steadily draining into the 40s and 30s within the hour until it hit 20%. I connected it to my mother's charger for her 620 that she keeps in the living room before 3:30 and just checked it and got a HUGE shock. Nearly two hours later, the battery was only charged to 30%. What the heck is going on?! I disconnected it, swapped my SIM to my 810 that still has 38% left from my using it yesterday and connected it to one of my own chargers in my room.

Has anyone ever experienced this sort of thing before with the 925 or any other phone? This is bizarre, especially as my phone started at 91% from the time I got up this morning. I had actually charged it yesterday and turned it off most of the day because I was using the 810 running 8.1, as I mentioned above. It's upsetting, especially as the battery was really improving lately to the point where I was enjoying charging it every other day instead of daily. :unhappy:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you restarted the phone since? Could've been some background process going wild.

(Semi-related note, past couple days my 920 has been giving me 10 hours of battery life, a bit unsettling, not sure what to do)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I did restart it after removing the SIM to put into my 810. I just checked it and it seems to be charging like normal on one of my usual chargers now. It was 46%.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me a couple of times on my old 920. Soft reset may fix it but if it does not, do you have the Facebook app installed? I feel it was the culprit but uninstalling and reinstalling it helped fix the issue. You could also temporarily disable ALL background tasks to see if the problem goes away. Then you will know it is app specific and not related to the batter itself. Are you using WP 8.0 or 8.1?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have Facebook Beta on my 925. I normally only allow the T-Mobile MyAccount app and the Weather Channel app to run in the background and that's it. I just checked and those are indeed the only ones running in the background. I have WP8 on it and am waiting for the official 8.1 release to install on it.

Also, I thought it was odd that Battery Pro+ was saying the battery drain percentage was 3.01% at the highest. Seemed way higher than that. :straight:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just last night I had rapid discharge for a few hours while I was asleep. Have no idea why.

I also once had a Lumia (don't recall which one) stop charging at 54%. The charge rate (per Insider) had been normal until hitting 54. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in to the charger and it finished normally. Never before and never since.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had that issue with 8.1. I've had rapid battery discharge that was normally fixed with a soft reset.

Most of my battery use appears to be from IE11.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
@ op
2 things might be the cause of it.
As starters you text at the wrong guy ;)
Second..
In WP 8.1 the aps you don't close properly keeps running in the background....or at least stay active, so use the return button and shut them down manually.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
@ op
2 things might be the cause of it.
As starters you text at the wrong guy ;)
Second..
In WP 8.1 the aps you don't close properly keeps running in the background....or at least stay active, so use the return button and shut them down manually.

LOL
Metalchick isn't running 8.1
:smile:

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Rapid battery drain has happened to mine a couple times. Most of time for me it's when something is continually trying to sync like losing signal and email keeps trying to update until it goes through.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Than its because she's texting the wrong guy..................it must be ;-)

Some "guy," I was texting with my best friend, IRENE! :evil:

My 925 seems to be running like normal again. Also, big thanks to Guytronic for actually reading my post saying I'm still running WP8 on the phone and pointing that out. :smile:

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the music player bugged out and was eating resources.

Not sure if you've tried it, but I heartily recommend the Stop the Music application.

I'm still boggled that WP8/8.1 don't have a way to stop the music built into their music apps.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the music player bugged out and was eating resources.

Not sure if you've tried it, but I heartily recommend the Stop the Music application.

I'm still boggled that WP8/8.1 don't have a way to stop the music built into their music apps.

I don't use the music player on my 925, I have none installed to save storage space and use Nokia MixRadio instead. But thanks anyway. 😊

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Why, why , why have they not developed or released a app or utility to see and monitor in background what is running wild and using up resources and battery/ WHY?????

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Had same problem with my Lumia 820 on WP8 but since im running WP 8.1 problem didn't appear again so could be bug in WP8, even more in GDR3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6