co worker just left windows phone :(

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
He has been patiently waiting for his carrier (US Cellular) to pick up a windows phone. Fed up with their lack of phones he went to the Iphone 5s. Sad day my friends, sad day.

He wants that ICON so bad.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
As a former USCC customer, this frankly should not have been surprising to him. Its reason 1a why our family left them. Reason 1b was no LTE service, still to this day, while Verizon has had it in my locale for 2 years now.

Anyway, they've turned into a Samsung/Apple only carrier. Even then, they didn't get the 5s on launch day. It would have been nice to see them pick up the ATIV SE, but it looks like now they've even taken the ATIV Odyssey off their web page. It does look like as a carrier they are done with Windows Phone. Honestly, I would still encourage him to switch carriers. Their contracts offer no advantages over Verizon or AT&T, unless he stayed grandfathered and paid full price for his iPhone. My monthly total actually reduced a little after switching, with much better cell service/covereage and of course, phone selection.

If he just got it, within the last day or so, I don't know how easy it would be to get out of it. I would just hate to see him locked into 2 years on USCC.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
USCC has 4g LTE in my area, doing a speedtest my Verizon connection is only a little bit better. His wife's company gets a hefty discount with them, and he lives in a very rural area, the only 2 carriers he can consider is USCC and VZW. IF it wernt for his discount im sure he would be open to switching but he saves a good ammount of money he spends bout 10$ more then i do on VZW and has 1 more line.

The ATIV Odyssey is still listed on their website, and he said even the store had them in stock, but he didnt want to use his upgrade on that old of a phone, which i understand.

If only ANY lumia was an option for him. he said he would have taken the 520 over the 5s if it was an option.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, the Odyssey is showing as a black hole on their website for me....

Anyway, if his wife's company has a national presence or is a franchise, or even a large regional, chances are Verizon will have a similar discount. If its a local company though, probably not. The Icon is on sale right now for $99 ($199 with a $100 mir.) Its an awesome Windows Phone.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yea im unsure about the discount, but my plan has a 20% discount with vzw so his discount must be killer to have 1 more line, 1 more GB of data and only be paying $10 more after taxes and everything.

ATIV Odyssey

I have the ICON and he couldnt be more jelly of it :p

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, must be a huge discount....Just priced USCC on the web for the same plan we have on Verizon and its the same cost. Interesting on the Odyssey on the webpage....it wasn't there for me earlier but is now. Oh well....

But yeah. Phone selection was the tipping point for me. I was just tired of Android/Samsung, couldn't see paying $200 bucks for a phone with a 4G/LTE sticker on it reminding me of what I didn't have, and for sure wasn't going to get a ZTE. I'd be eligible to get another upgrade before they'll turn on 4G here. Couldn't be happier with Verizon service and my original 928, and now Icon.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Why leave WP? He should just have changed carrier. T-mobile, ATT, Verizon, all have WP. That is a lame excuse.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Id say that the Lumia 925 is a flagship. The only thing holding it back is the measly 16gig storage space.

I agree. I love my NL 925.

But storage is not an obstacle. OneDrive, Bittorent, etc. When used properly in combination with the NL 925 the storage space is infinite. I still have 8GB of free space left on my drive. With 365 apps installed. There fore I consider the NL 925 a flagship phone also.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Id say that the Lumia 925 is a flagship. The only thing holding it back is the measly 16gig storage space.

Sorry. I own it. It's not. I wish it were. Maybe it was when it launched? But now, it sure isn't. Not trash talking, since I bought one in March and got one for my wife on Friday... but I was really wanting for a Flagship to come. 930/1520. Nope.

In any case, many argue that the Lumia selection doesn't really have any real Flagship. Always something missing somewhere. The 1520 is the closest, but it's huge. I would be very happy with the 930 if it supports Glance and would consider it a Flagship for me.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry. I own it. It's not. I wish it were. Maybe it was when it launched? But now, it sure isn't. Not trash talking, since I bought one in March and got one for my wife on Friday... but I was really wanting for a Flagship to come. 930/1520. Nope.

In any case, many argue that the Lumia selection doesn't really have any real Flagship. Always something missing somewhere. The 1520 is the closest, but it's huge. I would be very happy with the 930 if it supports Glance and would consider it a Flagship for me.

Its still a fine device, as long as you like it to hell with a flagship...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss