Cheated by Nokia India for Lumia 1520. Complaint Number :: 1-15051000475 (More than two Month)

Mayank Dhananiwala

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Below is the overall complain status for 1520 and now Nokia official are threatening me.
Threaten CALLS from NOKIA Customer Care Office - Nokia India Pvt Ltd.
Even I have relpies from them.
I am repenting why I have purchased 1520 instead of these I shld have gone for I5.
Total Complain::
I have purchased Nokia Lumia 1520 worth 46000 Rs/- (Round Figure) on 31st Dec?13.
During the month of Mar?14 I found there are some issues with screen getting hanged.
When I contacted the customer care help line Mr. Pankaj has asked to me build faith in Nokia and they will do best from their side.

Conversation B/W Pankaj ? Anitha
As, per the company norms for my device there is Home pickup & drop facility.
One guy has come from Nokia Care ? IndraNagar, Bangalore branch to pick up my phone at my office address.
When I was trying to explain my problem he is unable to understand it.

Conversation b/w Myself (Mayank Dhananiwala) --- Roma
Next day I myself went to the Nokia care center to get my phone rectified.
I waited there for 2 hours and they say that there is no fault with my device.
I came back home, these time when I faced the same issue, I made a documentary proof as video and again visited the Nokia Care with the same and they accepted it.

Phone has been handed over to for service on 19th Mar?14. (Job sheet Number:: 10441).
As, per the communication with Roma, the phone will be kept in observation then it will be sent to Repair factory.

On Friday 21st Mar?14 I received a call back stating that it will take 12 working days to get the phone repaired as it will be sent to repair factory. I agreed with them.
28th Mar?14 ? Received a call stating Phone is ready to deliver.

I took the delivery of my phone 9th Apr?14 (5.30PM) (Delivery People ? Deepa G, Kamesh)
1) As, soon it was about to deliver there were problems with connectivity issues.
a. They took the phone inside and fixed it.
2) After fixing that issues, and took the phone when trying to update my phone it?s shows phone is up to date, but it?s not up to date.
a. Latest Firmware revision Number (As, per Nokia Care) :: 1028.3562.1408.10
b. Firmware Revision Number in my phone :: 1028.3562.1402.0001
3) Upon my insistence, it?s been leant from Deepa that phone was not sent to repair factory.
Even though after producing the documentary proof of my problem, they doubted on my problem statement.
Even after the deliver same problem exists again they are asking for a documentary proof of it.
Mahendar is asking for a documentary proof again. (Nokia Care Store Manager).

Roma, Anitha, Mahendar, Kamesh, Deepa ? Works for Nokia Care, Indranagar, Bangalore.
Pankaj ? Works in Nokia Care helpline number

I don't have trust any more in Nokia that issue will be solved even after multiple services.
I want the money back or replace my handset with a new one and give me a written that same problem doesn't exists.

Threatening call from Nokia Customer Care.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
They should do the needful atleast for flagship phone like Nokia lumia 1520 they are sure. Going to go down with this kind of attitude.Nokia plz wakeup.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Glad I live in the USA, At least I have AT&T to mess me up and then rectify it by giving me a New 1520 at no cost to me. Sorry to hear about your problems though, sounds like your problem is with the local Nokia repair center and not Nokia. But here is a it of advice, once you get your phone back, sell it and buy a iCrap5s and be happy. Good luck and I hope it gets straightened out for you soon.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have visited the nokia care shop In Indiranagar. The manager is a big moron and an a $$ hole. Try contacting nokia india on twitter or Facebook with all details. I hope Nokia helps you out.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

harsh2406

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem.. the screen flickers the capacitive buttons do things on their own without me touching them.. i emailed Nokia and tomorrow somebody is going to come to pick my device up at my home.. i am really scared after reading this.. what should i do?

harsh2406

May 7, 2014
Visit site
i too hope so.. but after reading mayank's post I'm all paranoid and reluctant to give my device.. what if they ruin it more or scratch it? i am not a rich guy.. i belong from a middle class family and i am still a college student, i worked and saved a lot to buy a high end lumia of rs 40,000..
have a look at the glitch i've made a video of it.

Last edited:

harsh2406

May 7, 2014
Visit site
i went to Nokia care today.. they patiently listened to my problem and i showed the the video.. then they inspected the device it was hanging a bit.. they did a flashing of the phone to see the problems goes or not but it didn't go, then they said they will have to send the device to Delhi head office.. meanwhile they have given me a brand new shiny glossy white out of the box 920 to use until my 1520 comes back :smile: :smile: the behavior was really nice of the Nokia care people!

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Great service nokia care.nokia rocks.there is reason why u pay premium for brands.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Which store you went? I do have a problem with my 1520 - the vibrator ( when you press the back, Windows & search keys) vibrates very strangely which can be heard very load noise, seems like something is loose in the vibrator.. I have checked this with other 1520 and it is very quite in vibration. Went to Koramangala Nokia Care and the service adviser was telling me that it is normal. I requested him to check with other 1520 that they have, his response was they dont have a spare one to check. They advice me to turn off the vibration. Ignorant and very casual attitude.

Does anyone has the same problem? From other post, i learned that there as similar problem with 920 and it was a vibrator problem and they Nokia Care changed the phone.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the US but, I had a case open with Nokia USA for almost 6 months, Many times, I was told I would get a return call and never got one. Then I was told in a round about way to "screw" but, I did not give up(very pissed off still about that one). I'm talking 40+ calls and hours of dealing with this issue. Hit them up on Twitter (if you dont have an account, it's free). After getting with them on twitter, I was actually getting calls back and about a month later my issue was resolved. It was a NIGHTMARE and I would not wish that on anyone....worst time ever with a customer service team, EVER.

People praise Nokia and their phones over all are good (with this being said, never had a problem with a HTC device and quality wise I thought they were close if not the same in my time with HTC devices) their customer service is not that great. If you have a simple issue, sure they might be good but, if you have a medium issue, good freaking luck.

I will say this again, I had NO LUCK AT ALL WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE till I hit them up on Twitter.....good luck..

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who had nothing but problems with HTC. He had an HTC One (M7) - replaced it 3 times, and continued to have problems all through its life. Needless to say I'm not terribly impressed with HTC. Now that friend still went and bought an HTC One (M8). His reasoning? He said "Samsung sucks". LOL

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Glad I live in the USA, At least I have AT&T to mess me up and then rectify it by giving me a New 1520 at no cost to me. Sorry to hear about your problems though, sounds like your problem is with the local Nokia repair center and not Nokia. But here is a it of advice, once you get your phone back, sell it and buy a iCrap5s and be happy. Good luck and I hope it gets straightened out for you soon.

I agree that the problem lies with the local Nokia Care center in India.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who had nothing but problems with HTC. He had an HTC One (M7) - replaced it 3 times, and continued to have problems all through its life. Needless to say I'm not terribly impressed with HTC. Now that friend still went and bought an HTC One (M8). His reasoning? He said "Samsung sucks". LOL

Funny, you could go through the 928 forums, people have had 8+ 928's with issues.... I have had 3 different HTC devices in the past(last one was a 8x)... never an issue and I called HTC to ask a tech question about the phone, low hold times and the person has an actual clue on what he was talking about. 100% better than the time I dealt with Nokia or the 40+ other times I has to call about one issue...I guess everyone's results will be different but, for me HTC is far better in this aspect than Nokia has been

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh am also jeopardize by this thread luckily nothing happened to my nokia lumia 820.i hope nothing happens in future.but nokia screwed with thier firmware update by bringing greenish tint to my photos.by seeing this thread i would better not take photos nd live with it.

y2kern

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
i am having nightmares with my lumia 1520, i bought the phone for a rediculous amount on ebay, because it was not available in my country, Trinidad and Tobago, when i got the phone it worked good for 3 months then problems started, the camera suddenly stopped working, then the vibrator stops working, there is no way for me to return it, the seller is in the us got the device from hong kong. i contacted the seller and he tells me im on my own. he is not helping. nokia care not available in my country, i learned from this.

i will not purchase another nokia device after this one, there are to many problems. and nokia sadly has poor quality control, if i had knew there were so many problems i would have not bought a lumia, i would have gone with samsung ativ s in stead. the 20mp camera is dead and the camera is the reason i even got the phone.

Mayank Dhananiwala

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry Guys for late reply.

I visited Indranagar Branch in Bangalore.

Even today I visited them for same issue,
I want to prove my point physically that 1520 has issue. They agreed it has issue.
They did software update and the issue continues.

Mahendar manager of Indranagar Branch is more than a junk.

I asked to give me writing that I physically shown the problem to them but unwillingly to do it, I have to come back empty handed

There is a South Regional Manager who is in regular touch with me.
Let me check what she is gonna say on Monday. I am planning to file a case against nokia by mentioning all these people in consumer court.

Even these fourm is also junk none of the executive of microsoft or nokia replies here.

By these forums they are coming to know the problems and fixing in later releases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion