Speakers randomly cut out

Awbridgers

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My speakers will randomly stop working at times and they eventually will start working again but when I'm using my phone for an alarm this is a huge problem. Works fine with headphones plugged in. I'd like to avoid getting a replacement but if thats my only option so be it. Do you guys think a hard reset would do anything?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
did you ever drop your Lumia 928 ? I would recommend you to do a soft reset before doing a hard reset , hold down the volume down +lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboot itself(this wont erase any of your phone data ).If this does not solve the issue , its great to have an appointment at nearest nokia/Verizon centre :smile:

Awbridgers

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This is really weird but when it's not working if I apply pressure directly above the rear speaker on the phone with my finger then it start working again. When I remove my finger the volume either drops to very faint or is gone all together again. I have no idea what this means, other than I probably will need to get a replacement

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have volume issues with my speaker as well. Although I don't lose the volume altogether, the volume will fluctuate between very soft and normal without me even touching the phone. I reached out to Nokia and they wanted me to send it in for repair which is not an option. I have never dropped my phone and I think this started after I upgraded to WP 8.1. Moderately annoying.

This is really weird but when it's not working if I apply pressure directly above the rear speaker on the phone with my finger then it start working again. When I remove my finger the volume either drops to very faint or is gone all together again. I have no idea what this means, other than I probably will need to get a replacement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss