Email Folders

Chrispjcj

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have tried searching similar topics on mine but I haven't seen any relevance. Anyway, I have successfully setup our exchange e-mail to my phone.
However, I've noticed that some of the folders on my mail actually didn't display on your first setup. You need to manually exposed for you to view them.
Below is the exact folder structure on my mail.

Inbox
- Folder 1
- Folder 2
- Folder 3

After the setup, I can only see the Inbox folder. I need to tap the three dotted icon (...) on the lower right to see the Settings and press the show all folders button for them to display.
Also, is it possible to display all the folders when you open the email app? The reason why my folder structure looks something like that is because I filter them based on the projects.
Of course, I setup a rule for that. And most of the emails I received are on the Folders 1, 2, 3, etc and not on the Inbox. So every time I checked my emails, I need to navigate in those folders first, which kindda annoying.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Only the folders you sync will show up when you tap:
Three Dots ? Folders
To sync a folder:
Three Dots ? Folders ? show all folders ? (tap the folder you want to sync) ? tap "sync this folder"

If you need to access a folder that isn't the inbox quickly, I think the best way to do that is to pin it to the start screen.

Chrispjcj

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Only the folders you sync will show up when you tap:
Three Dots ? Folders
To sync a folder:
Three Dots ? Folders ? show all folders ? (tap the folder you want to sync) ? tap "sync this folder"

If you need to access a folder that isn't the inbox quickly, I think the best way to do that is to pin it to the start screen.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for quick reply. Actually, this is exactly what I did. I pinned all the folders (6 folders) on the screen. But, I already consume more screen space. On my iOS and Android before, the setup was different. It automatically allows you to view the sub-folders on your first tap.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mate,

Thanks for quick reply.
No problem! Also, sorry about the spam-like 2 or 3 repeat posts - the Tapatalk API on my WPCentral WP7.8 app must've screwed up, because I wasn't online when they were posted.
Actually, this is exactly what I did. I pinned all the folders (6 folders) on the screen. But, I already consume more screen space. On my iOS and Android before, the setup was different. It automatically allows you to view the sub-folders on your first tap.
There might be mail clients in the marketplace that could do what you're wanting to see, but the six tiles would only be taking up a row of the start screen anyway.

Last edited:

Chrispjcj

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Ha. I have discovered another minor issue on the folders. The sync settings is applied to all folders. It won't allow you to configure different sync settings for each folder. :cry:

Censto

May 14, 2014
Visit site
And when i pin tile with folder, there is no notification for that folder. The phone is silent when i get mail to that folder.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Not true. On my android, Cyanogenmod, I can configure different sync settings for each folders.

Lol. Lets then wait for Cyanogenmod to release a version of WP.

Jokes aside, Android doesn't have it in stock rom. It is a tweak provided by Cyanogenmod.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Chrispjcj

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Lol. Lets then wait for Cyanogenmod to release a version of WP.

Jokes aside, Android doesn't have it in stock rom. It is a tweak provided by Cyanogenmod.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Hmm I didn't know that since I flashed my phone by the time I've got my android phone. Same with my L1320, after two days I've got from the store, I update to 8.1.

Hopefully next update of 8.1DP will consider different sync settings for each folders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99