Lumia 920 non responsive screen - HELP!

senai

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 screen has been slowly becoming non responsive. It started small, where is would sometimes freeze, but locking and unlocking the screen would solve it. It has gradually increased to the point I had to do soft resets to bring it back. Now its completely non responsive, even a soft reset doesnt help.
I took it to have the screen replaced, but that didn't solve the issue, so I'm kinda sure the screen isn't the problem. And the weird part is, if I don't use the phone for sometime, then charge it and do a soft reset, it works for afew minutes/hours, then it stops again.
Has anyone else had this issue? And has anyone been able to solve it??

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
this can be a software issue . Do you have the latest windows phone 8 GDR3 update + black firmware update from Microsoft/nokia ?
did you try to do a hard reset this will erase all the data from your phone , back up all your important data first ). you can use nokia recovery tool to restore your phone (after using the tool you may need to update your phone to latest GDR3+black update with all system apps like touch, extras+info ).Good luck :smile:

senai

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
this can be a software issue . Do you have the latest windows phone 8 GDR3 update + black firmware update from Microsoft/nokia ?
did you try to do a hard reset this will erase all the data from your phone , back up all your important data first ). you can use nokia recovery tool to restore your phone (after using the tool you may need to update your phone to latest GDR3+black update with all system apps like touch, extras+info ).Good luck :smile:

thanks for the response, but its definitely not a software issue, I tried restoring it with Nokia recovery, it didn't help. Also, yesterday when it was little responsive, I updated it all the way to 8.1 developer preview, but woke up to find it non responsive again. . .

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the response, but its definitely not a software issue, I tried restoring it with Nokia recovery, it didn't help. Also, yesterday when it was little responsive, I updated it all the way to 8.1 developer preview, but woke up to find it non responsive again. . .

you should consider contact nokia care centre :smile:

senai

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
yea, the only problem is its an unlocked at&t phone, and i am not in the US. they mainly said they don't fix american phones, and that they would probably just replace the screen, which i have already done and it didn't help. . .

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The same happened to my 920, it eventually became totally useless, touch not responding at all. Tried everything, resets and formats.
They said "replaced touch" at the service center but they replaced the lcd assembly and the motheboard, judging by the imei number they gave me a newer one. So it could be the motherboard or they replaced mine as a quicker repair

mogobie

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Once you deleted photos from your iPhone, you should not use your iPhone anymore before you recover the lost pictures. Backup photos and other data to iTunes is the best way to aviod data loss from your iPhone. However, if you did not backup them to iTunes with the iPhone data recovery, you can also recover them, but the process may be a little complicated. And if you have backup the photos before, it is much easier. With this iPhone Photo Recovery, you can extract the photos from your iTunes backup files selectively. No need to connect you iPhone to computer, therefore, even you iPhone is broken or stolen, you can recover deleted photos.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
it is within 2yr warranty so send it back and get it repaired.

i had problems with my 920. ups picked it up free of charge. nokia couldn't repair it so got sent out a new unit free of charge. took a week start to finish.

turns out the new unit is without a creaking unibody unlike my first unit...so all smiles here :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon