My Icon is on its way!

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
After reading through countless threads here (thanks to all of you) and spending quite a bit of time in the local Microsoft Store, I've decided to make the jump to WP and the Icon. Got a great online deal through VZW ($49.99 with coupon code VZWDEAL). I'm sure I'll have questions about the move from Android but it seems pretty straight forward and I'm a longtime Windows user so I'm already into that ecosystem. Should have it tomorrow and then let the fun begin!

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
nice to see people making the jump from other ecosystems. My number one question to people who just keep buying the same brand usually is: what would make you switch/consider another brand/ecosystem?

What made you switch?

Jimmie Lee

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I like the way WPhones look. It's one of the reasons I have one. If Apple had tiles and I liked the size of the screen, I would, likely switch. I like the live tiles and how you can really personalize the look of your start screen.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
It's only been a day, but at this point my only regret was waiting this long. What a beautiful device. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind if I run into issues but right now I damn happy I went in this direction.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
After reading through countless threads here (thanks to all of you) and spending quite a bit of time in the local Microsoft Store, I've decided to make the jump to WP and the Icon. Got a great online deal through VZW ($49.99 with coupon code VZWDEAL). I'm sure I'll have questions about the move from Android but it seems pretty straight forward and I'm a longtime Windows user so I'm already into that ecosystem. Should have it tomorrow and then let the fun begin!

And there was much rejoicing! Welcome aboard the Crazy Train! :-D

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

My suggestion, is to frequent this site. Read the updated stories and forums for advice. I keep learning new things about WP and it makes me appreciate it more and more.

People here are generally very helpful with any questions you have not regarding opinion.

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm really considering making the switch. I've been using BlackBerry the past 5 years and currently have a Z10 that I love. Went to the VZW store to look at the Z30 with all intent on upgrading to it at the end of this month, but I ended up really liking the Icon surprisingly. I've always been curious to try WP and think the Icon has finally encouraged me to make the switch. I've got a couple of more weeks to decide before I'm eligible for my upgrade, but I think the Icon will be my next phone.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
After day 2, I'm even more impressed. The battery life is amazing. I was at an Adobe event in NYC today and everyone who saw the phone was asking about it. Even the iPhone users were impressed with it. WP is not going to be a secret for much longer and while Apple and Google/Samsung beat each other up, Microsoft is the one they should be both be worried about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs