Just ordered a Nokia Lumia 520...Chose WP over Android

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have been looking at Windows Phones for about 2 weeks after my friend got one and I tried one out at the Microsoft Store. I WAS IMPRESSED! I love the sleek Live Tiles so I went on the Online Microsoft Store and found the Nokia Lumia 520 for $59 No Contract with a free case! I ordered it right away and I should receive it tomorrow...could you guys tell me anything I should know About WP8? (E.g Should I update it to WP 8.1?) Thanks

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
BTW I was debating between a Moto G or another kind of phone...I really hope WP captures more Market share so we can have more apps...Like Clash Of Clans and feedly

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice choice of phone! You won't be disappointed that you went the Windows Phone route. :grin: If you want, you can update to 8.1 via the developer preview, otherwise, you can just wait for 8.1's official release (which probably isn't too far off). It seems we're catching up in the app department, too!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPC TheMightyCraken...looks like you have been awakened lol!
Those Lumia 520's are great phones!

Good to see you here!

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 520 is a good phone with fluid performance. You will enjoy the benefits of a clean OS.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome TheMightyCraken,
Personally, I would start with enjoying 8.0 and its modern, beautiful, fast and fluid user interface. I'm sure you will, like we do, smile when you discover some of the many great design nuances (ex.: the circle buttons turn, when you go portrait to landscape).

Most things, on the phone, will just make obvious sense. If you have questions, just ask, there are so many helpful people here.

Then, eventually, when you have helpful comments to offer, the community will be one more stronger.

Best Wishes

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium