Infamous stuck in headphones mode

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So it started when my friend gave me a spare auxiliary cord for my car. It worked normally the first day, but on the second day, my phone is stuck in headphones mode. I compared the headphone prong with regular ear buds and they're the same size it looks like.

I've tried everything I read on the internet such as in and out 50 times quickly, in and out slowly, make a call with headphones in, speakerphone in then off and taking out the headphones while in the call, tried soft reset, hard reset, factory reset, use a vacuum, use a blow dryer, stick in a q-tip, a toothpick, paper clip. The only thing I haven't tried was graphite dust lol.

Anyone ever have this problem and find a solution? I'm thinking about opening up the phone to check for loose connections. Last resort is to buy OEM replacement jack. Help!

Last edited:

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
you can buy a replacement jack, it is not difficult to fix, I had the same problem, I played about with a tube from a can of WD40 and got it working for a short while, then it stopped again. I decided to replace the jack. took all of 5 mins to do and never had a problem since!

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
you can buy a replacement jack, it is not difficult to fix, I had the same problem, I played about with a tube from a can of WD40 and got it working for a short while, then it stopped again. I decided to replace the jack. took all of 5 mins to do and never had a problem since!
Yeah, I bought it on eBay yesterday for $8. It'll come in next week. Today, I'll try to open it up and check the connections. But the replacement doesn't look tough at all to fix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss