Can someone please help my jaded views on battery life with a 1520?

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I was going to mention the same thing about the battery. Lithium ion batteries need to be discharged fully once a month to stay optimal and report the correct battery life.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my phone. I found out that my hotmail wash constantly syncing. I reinstalled all of the apps but the battery life is still the same. 8 hours on a charge.

Yea you may have other issues. I wish we had a way to keep track of screen on time. Can you guesstimate how many hours your screen is on over the span of a charge? And are you running low med or high brightness with or without auto.

jSconyers1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Would you please take a screen shot of both pages of battery saver so we can see where everything is going and what apps are at the top of your page.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Probably 3 to 4 hours. And it's on low brightness.

I have my brightness on medium and I get around 12 hours screen on time over 4 days between charges. In IE I get between 6-9% per hour battery loss, if I'm on here using the app I lose about 2-3% per hour.

I have 18 apps allowed in the background and Bluetooth always on but not always connected and location always on but only maps and Cortana using it.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I believe he is on 8.1 but if it on 8.0 the problem can be solved also. I would still like to see a screen shot of the battery saver on 8.0

I didn't mean he couldn't be helped on 8.0 I was referring to 8.0 not having the detailed app usage displayed in the battery saver like on 8.1

I went back through the thread and he is on 8.0

jSconyers1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
If so, can you take a screen shot of background tasks of which programs are allowed. Do you have a Xbox that your phone is connected to? How about Xbox music, also how many email account do you have set up? Do any of the account have a error, and how long are they set to

soy_corriendo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If so, can you take a screen shot of background tasks of which programs are allowed. Do you have a Xbox that your phone is connected to? How about Xbox music, also how many email account do you have set up? Do any of the account have a error, and how long are they set to

I don't know how to add a screenshot but I blocked every app except Battery and 6tag. I set my Gmail and Hotmail to sync manually. I don't have my phone connected to an Xbox. None of my accounts have an error.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have emails sync set to manual, low brightness, along with Bluetooth, NFC off. It will be connected to Wifi during my times at home. Last charged on the phone on Sat midnight. Moderate usages when on the move during the weekends and also with 4G connected during sleep hours. Have all live tile updates turned off except Whatsapp.

wp_ss_20140512_0001.png

The battery life seems really really powerful to me with the remaining battery power till now... A big improvement between my previous 1020 and this. Perhaps SnapDragon 800 is really very power efficient?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how to add a screenshot but I blocked every app except Battery and 6tag. I set my Gmail and Hotmail to sync manually. I don't have my phone connected to an Xbox. None of my accounts have an error.

First up did you do a hard reset and not restore from a backup? If not then do, also what battery app do you use? If its the one with the highest amount of feedback then that is using a lot of battery. I won't go into it now but I did some tests and that one was a real hog on the battery.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have emails sync set to manual, low brightness, along with Bluetooth, NFC off. It will be connected to Wifi during my times at home. Last charged on the phone on Sat midnight. Moderate usages when on the move during the weekends and also with 4G connected during sleep hours. Have all live tile updates turned off except Whatsapp.

View attachment 66244

The battery life seems really really powerful to me with the remaining battery power till now... A big improvement between my previous 1020 and this. Perhaps SnapDragon 800 is really very power efficient?

Then what is the use of live tiles.if u turn off all your live tiles off.lumia 1520 has monstrous battery it should be a device which should be leaps nd bounds ahead of note 3 but.still it is somewhat better to say the least.i wish smartphone should have atleast 2 days of battery life by always connected to internet running all background task nd all phone function like nfc,bluetooth,location turned on.hope Microsoft provide a windows phone device.like that.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
WP8.1 - battery drain issue - I too was having a battery drain issue. I turned off the back ground run of Store in battery saver and that solved hre problem.

Battery Saver -> Store -> turn of the Allow app to run in the background.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Then what is the use of live tiles.if u turn off all your live tiles off.lumia 1520 has monstrous battery it should be a device which should be leaps nd bounds ahead of note 3 but.still it is somewhat better to say the least.i wish smartphone should have atleast 2 days of battery life by always connected to internet running all background task nd all phone function like nfc,bluetooth,location turned on.hope Microsoft provide a windows phone device.like that.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

You shouldn't need to, your right. I have 18 apps running in the background with a load of live tiles and I get 3-4 days from my 1520 with over 10 hours of screen on time.

soy_corriendo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
First up did you do a hard reset and not restore from a backup? If not then do, also what battery app do you use? If its the one with the highest amount of feedback then that is using a lot of battery. I won't go into it now but I did some tests and that one was a real hog on the battery.

I uninstalled the battery app. I think I'll just deal with the battery life. I had to reset this phone a million times

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea