Should I upgrade?

Deceptiion

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So right now I have the Lumia 822 and my full upgrade isn't until November, but I can do an early upgrade on my phone. I was thinking about getting the Icon. Is it worth it to do an early upgrade to the Icon now, or should I wait until November since there might be new phones by that time.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Easy answer if you ask yourself this question:

Love, like or hate your L822?

November is a little ways off, but if your L822 is doing the job and you still love it, hold out. Enjoy your WP, and do not worry about what you are missing. If you love your current phone, you are missing nothing.

Since you are asking, I am guessing you do not "love" the device. Do you still like it? I would say waiting at least until the end of August beginning of September would be good. By then, rumors will start to leak out and you can gauge if the Icon will be the best bet for you or not.

Are you bored/tired/unhappy with your L822? The Icon is , in my opinion, the best available WP on the market today. It is worth upgrading early for.

I believe the Icon will still be a great phone in November and supported for years after that. Base your decision on the L822 you are using now.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I asked myself the same question. I mean on paper the Icon is leaps ahead in terms of specs, but that does not mean the 822 is a slouch. Ultimately it came down to the fact that my phone still works, so no need to replace it. If my phone breaks between now and December (My upgrade date) ill replace it but until then, who knows what else could come out? I would suggest waiting like me

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I asked myself the same question. I mean on paper the Icon is leaps ahead in terms of specs, but that does not mean the 822 is a slouch. Ultimately it came down to the fact that my phone still works, so no need to replace it. If my phone breaks between now and December (My upgrade date) ill replace it but until then, who knows what else could come out? I would suggest waiting like me

Also, on both phones you get Windows Phone 8 GDR3 (unless you did the preview), the day to day things you do, are the SAME exact things, Windows Phone does not change per model (as Android does between OEMS). It's not like your getting a ton of new features or anything.

No question the ICON is a nice phone, one of, if not the best Windows Phone model available at this point. In 2 months, there will be another top phone, and if you wait even longer....There will be another one...

You could be waiting for ever but, one thing I would hold out for is, 8.1 official release, big advertisements coming to promote it, and that will bring New models. If your going to see a new flagship model hit, it will be after 8.1 is released. So right in your time frame...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb