Verizon is pushing an update today!

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It was a Nokia update. They changed the Verizon boot splash to an orange one from the white one. They also added the little arrow thingy to the WiFi symbol in the status bar. That's what I've noticed so far. No DTTW yet.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
e6ynupy3.png

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I had 8.1 on my Icon but I rolled back to 8.0 because of some issues that I couldn't deal with anymore.

I did not know you could roll back to 8.0. I am not having any issues though so wont matter. But I am thinking of getting the Icon in the next couple weeks... What kind of issues? performance or personal pref?

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I did not know you could roll back to 8.0. I am not having any issues though so wont matter. But I am thinking of getting the Icon in the next couple weeks... What kind of issues? performance or personal pref?

3 to 5 second delay to wake up the screen with the power button when locked, poor WiFi reception/range, random overheating with battery drainage. General OS performance was better than 8.0. Battery performance was not as good as 8.0 but it wasn't bad.

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
3 to 5 second delay to wake up the screen with the power button when locked, poor WiFi reception/range, random overheating with battery drainage. General OS performance was better than 8.0. Battery performance was not as good as 8.0 but it wasn't bad.
Hmm my WiFi range sucked even on 8.0 ... Rolling back made a noticeable improvement?

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My WiFi range was cut in half almost when I updated to 8.1 and went back to normal after rolling back. The 8.0 range is not as good as my past 720 but it's not bad.

I'm wondering if this new firmware fixes any of the issues with 8.1...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Icon running wp8.1 developer preview here. No update available right now. I am wondering if this update was to prepare the phone for an update to Cyan/8.1

skiahh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It's Lumia Black. At least that's the update I got today.

New Lumia Black Update for Windows Phone 8 - Nokia - USA

All the apps that are supposed to be better, according to that link, I already had and they worked fine, so I'm not sure what actually updated!

tcman88: is it a good idea to post your phone's critical info (IMEI, MEID, MAC and SIM IDs?) on a public forum? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss