Verizon is pushing an update today!

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Given the terrible wifi performance on 8.1, I'm rolling back to 8.0, updating the firmware and then updating to 8.1. Will let you guys know how it goes, hopefully it fixes things

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Checked my ICON just a few min ago, No update for me, on 8.1 preview. I got my phone about 3 weeks ago, maybe it came with it ?

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Downgraded to 8.0 to install the firmware, reupdated 8.1, then did a hard reset. Took alot of time. So far I notice wifi is more stable, stays connected where It normally would drop out. That's all I know so far.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Not noticing a huge difference, will have to wait until Monday to test because my work Wi-Fi is barely functional now with 8.1 and works flawlessly with my iPhone and my 928..

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Worth it to me, won't be sure how much so till I go through the Monday workday. Wifi is definitely improved.

You're the only one so far who says it's been helpful to go back to wp8, install the minor firmware, & then go back to wp8.1 DP. I doubt it's worth it.

But to be honest, everyone else seems to experience more wifi problems than I do. And I'm on wifi almost all day.

Vastustaa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I did the "rolling back to 8.0, updating the firmware and then updating to 8.1" and my WIFI range improved. In addition, I got the new WIFI icon and the orange splash screen. It was worth it to me.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that this has helped my reception, but so far it seems as though it may have helped with the lack of stability surrounding the wireless radio.

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
sorry to ask probably the worst question ever, but if i'm using a 929 on t-mobile, would i get the firmware update too? currently on wp8.1 -- don't want to roll back to 8.0 and then not get the update.

thanks!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I rolled back to 8.0, but I'll keep it at 8.0 for a while to see if it fixed the issue (mainly at work). If it did, I MIGHT try and go to 8.1 again... if people don't see much change, I will stay at 8.0 though.

It really sucks to have to go back to 8.0, it feels like the stone age now after having used 8.1 for a couple of weeks. :/ But I want WiFi to work reliably.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So far, my battery life has improved(don't forget to turn off the background stuff you don't use, again) and my wifi/internet connectivity has improved and is more stable. I haven't noticed the random heating either. So far so good. Tomorrow will be the real test, @work with multiple wireless and cellular networks.
8.1>8.0>update firmware>8.1>hard reset 👍

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So far, my battery life has improved(don't forget to turn off the background stuff you don't use, again) and my wifi/internet connectivity has improved and is more stable. I haven't noticed the random heating either. So far so good. Tomorrow will be the real test, @work with multiple wireless and cellular networks.
8.1>8.0>update firmware>8.1>hard reset ��

How much did the battery improve? This might be enough to make me try going back and then forward again.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
So, I did the downgrade and installed the Official Update,
I had to use Nokia Software Recovery Tool
The NokiaSoftwareUpdaterForRetail_4.1.0 did not work, would not find my phone.
But this did go fairly smoothly, I had one server disconnect, but it picked right back up and continued the download.

I had to go back through the several updates for WP8.1 DP
We will see what happens and how well things improve.

I didn't have any serious issues with WiFi or Battery, but there could be some improvements, so, giving it a shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077