About to buy a 1520, need advice.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So I'm about to buy a new 1520 from Craigslist for $300. I know it's a good price, but is it to good? Are there any defects I should be looking out for? For example, when 920 came out it, some of them were hit by numerous defects like front facing camera dust, constant reboots and weird vibrations. So any 1520 defects I should be looking out for?

Cheers peeps.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Those were body defects in lumia 920 which later Nokia claimed that they have constructed lumia 920 front facing camera in such a way that dust will settle around it and block proximity sensor anyways , you should consider first it should not be a dummy lol , get proper accessories like original charger , EarPods , dents on body , scratches on screen/ camera module. And make sure you factory reset the device when you receive it :smile:

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually if in great shape, it's a great price. I just bought a 1520 off Swappa for $330 and I thought that was a good price for the 16GB red 1520.. Only problem is the sensitivity of the screen. But my 32GB Black 1520 works great. Check the IMEI to see if it has been reported stolen or lost.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is !

I'd be looking to try the device, BEFORE I pay for it. If you have an AT&T nano sim (the smallest one), I'd take it with me, try it in the phone. Though, not many devices use the nano sim, yet, may be hard to come by. Know exactly what the device looks like, if sealed, I'd open it (despite the seller's protestations).

This smells like a ripoff (about $100 too cheap, slightly used goes approx $375 +, NIB $425 +, depending where you are) looking for a sucker. Assuming the AT&T version, other (unlocked) versions will definitely be higher. However, looks can be deceiving ...

Caveat Emptor ! :eck::straight:

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well the guy won it at Msft store last weekend, was looking for a best offer. I also checked the IMEI with AT&T and they said its clean
..for now. Thanks for the tip about SIM card, didn't realize it used smaller SIM than my 920. Any other tips?

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how it went, it is a great deal. You will love the phone, and since you saved so much money. Maybe you might think about one of these when you update to 8.1...

:crying: Never mind, I was going to point you to the 128GB Sandisk card for $119 on Amazon.com, but I see they raised it up to $168+ now. :shocked:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well the guy won it at Msft store last weekend, was looking for a best offer. I also checked the IMEI with AT&T and they said its clean
..for now. Thanks for the tip about SIM card, didn't realize it used smaller SIM than my 920. Any other tips?

I'd still be very suspect, he's gonna give it away for $300 ?

The sim issue could preclude keeping it & switching phones. Sim adaptors (for a nano back to a micro) are a dicey proposition. Check the touch responsiveness ... however, it should be under warranty. If he gave you the IMEI, it should be legit. This could be a great deal ...

... and as far as the sdCard, get a good 64gb card (class 10 or UHS 1 or 2) for a lot less (~ $50), or wait - the price will come down, again.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I suggest that you turn on the device and test it out (in front of the seller) before completing the transaction.

Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the tip but I found a better way. Apparently I still have my Assurance Plan for my 920 with a broken screen (I thought it ran out a while ago). Gonna take it in, pay the deductible and get a 1520 instead from them directly. Already talked to the manager. Gotta love Microsoft.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the tip but I found a better way. Apparently I still have my Assurance Plan for my 920 with a broken screen (I thought it ran out a while ago). Gonna take it in, pay the deductible and get a 1520 instead from them directly. Already talked to the manager. Gotta love Microsoft.

Get the (Ferrari) RED one, I did, looks really sharp, draws lots of attention !

... about as close as I'll get to owning a Ferrari ! :cry::cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)