Are there no compatible headphones for this thing!?!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have yet to find one pair of headphones with a mic to work on this thing (1520). Even headphones labeled universal or windows phone compatible haven't worked. The only thing that has worked is Bluetooth headphones but Bluetooth makes music sound like trash. Do I have an option for something that's actually of decent quality and has mic control. Btw I'm a bit of an audiophile so I can definitely hear quality. I'm not expecting the greatest headphones ever but I would like at least apple earpod quality (which isn't a high bar to pass at all). I will definitely return my phone if I cant get anything good. its just that important to me.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't think I have had a set with I'm line controls... I am now happy Bluetooth headsets work, lol... Though my 920 needs to be reset due to skipping and such over Bluetooth after the last update...

My Samsung focus has a button to answer the call... I have a pair of schorche :)-s) that had a volume slider which is the best giving the circumstance.... Hmmm, it may even have a answer call button.

Yeah, everything is for IOS. Lol. My beats had a line for HTC phones so maybe the HTC 8x has a jack and software that better handles headsets/phones designed for ios/android.

WP is getting more ans more with the program... I don't want to say give it time, but that is we have been doing. I have not had a reason to move to another phone...

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to find one pair of headphones with a mic to work on this thing (1520). Even headphones labeled universal or windows phone compatible haven't worked. The only thing that has worked is Bluetooth headphones but Bluetooth makes music sound like trash. Do I have an option for something that's actually of decent quality and has mic control. Btw I'm a bit of an audiophile so I can definitely hear quality. I'm not expecting the greatest headphones ever but I would like at least apple earpod quality (which isn't a high bar to pass at all). I will definitely return my phone if I cant get anything good. its just that important to me.

I am an Audiophile as well, took me awhile to find the right headphones that gave me good quality audio with MIC/Controls that actually worked with my phone... I have a Lumia 925. The only headset I personally have found to work all around (Audio Quality/MIC/Controls) are the Samsung Galaxy headphones. I would come across headsets that never worked when it came to track skipping, forward or backwards. The Samsung headset does it all, even when you hold the call button a few seconds, Cortana will activate just as she would like holding the phone search button.

Glen Urbina

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
SBH20-prodbeauty-black-82ff81f43ee9bed064bd8ac03386a5ec.jpg

I have not found anything yet... Bose and Shure headphone controls ain't working...

Anyway I always use a sony bluetooth, there one's one from nokia is pretty much the same thing.
Works great, battery last forever and all controls are working (volume, tracks, play/pause-answer), mic works too!

Its so nice to be able to listen to music without an annoying cable in my little baby!

humblehyper

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Mythro earbuds and works good on my 1520. You can even double click the mic button to skip track or press and hold to activate Cortana :) problem is I lose all those functions sometimes, I'm assuming its a bug from 8.1.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
skull candy titans 2.0 work 10mm driver not to bad with right ear bud size , can be found quite cheap , mic and button work ;-) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2531667

klipsch s4i rugged apparently work fine as well ;-) Image S4i Rugged All-Weather Earphones Red: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

the htc sensation beats work , remote works , mic works , you can even control volume with the remote ;-) In Ear Headphones Original Monster Beats By Dr Dre HTC Sensation Black Headset | eBay

there the ones I have tested on my nokia 1020 and all have worked fine , you can also buy a htc beats remote adapter from a seller on ebay based in china called low### if you type into ebay htc beats mic adapter you will find them , they come in red and black and you can connect any headphone to them , you will be able to skip tracks , adjust volume , awnswer calls etc etc

headphone Earbuds Adapter with Remote and Mic Extension Cable for HTC Smartphone | eBay

the adapter above is probably best for people who rate their own headphones because then you can plug in any set , the only thing is the cable is quite long , so if your headphones have a long cable to , you will have a very long headphone lead which some might find frustrating

I think all the above give a few options for a wired connection ;-)

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have Sony DR-BTN200, it works perfectly with 925, I don't know about 1520, but there should be no difference, unless it's some carrier specific modification? The sound is amazing, you can't tell they're bluetooth, they do skip sometimes if the phone is in your pocket and something else is covering it (a wallet or a hand or something), in plain sight the range is easily 10m, I haven't really tested the distance. Oh and the battery lasts forever. I charge them less then once a month. And they charge with microUSB so you can use any existing charger or external battery pack. You should give them a shot. Oh and the price is very fair, I got them for 50 GBP, definitely worth it, and the sound easily matches wired headphones in similar price range.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a budget skull candy headphones without mic and it work perfectly with my Lumia 520 the problem with skull candy Is some of their mic model are not compatible with nokia series.
I haven't tried any skull candy with mic so cant advice you skull candy.
Try this one from nokia.

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/wh-510/

P.s: Buxz77 recently told me that coloud pop were not supported by his lumia 1020 so I wont advice you to go for it.

Last edited:

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
for Bluetooth use I found this one great http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HS3...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2531759 you can again connect any headphones ;-)

skyrocker - as I posted above titan 2.0 skullcandys work with the 1020 and the button and mic work fine ;-) ebay sell them for ?13 which is a bargain really ;-)
That's nice buddy in India that headset cost around ₹2400(I.e $40).
Buddy any chance if ink'd 2 by skullcandy is supported in Lumia series.As there is a offer going on it now an they are just available for ₹900(I.e$15)

eugen serban

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
On my HTC 8X I have sennheiser momentum over the ear.
The volume doesn't work, but the answer button does. I can answer and hang up, pause and skip tracks.
I also tested the bose q(something) with the same results

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Of course the old Nokia Purity Stereo HD (from Monster) fully work with every Lumia (Play/Pause, skip, volume, answer calls, mic etc.) I owned the last year (820,920,1520). Sound quality is Monster quality. Quite comfty, good noise cancelling and very cheap here in GER (you can get them new for as low as 50?). But they are quite big, monster style, even though imo way more stylish than the normal Beats/Monster.

But I'm also looking for new good on-ears which are compatible, not to big (B&W P3/P5 size), good sound. Very rare to find. The good, quite expensive, stylish on-ears are only fully compatible with iPhones (B&W, Bose etc.) I think.

The P5 would be amazing, shouldn't work with Lumia. The Bose OE2 or SoundTrue aren't compatible either. The Sennheiser Momentum have bad noise cancelling. From what I've read people around you can hear everything. I don't want that.

Very hard to find good, compatible on-ears even if you're willing to pay a high price. :-(

Last edited:

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
That's nice buddy in India that headset cost around ₹2400(I.e $40).
Buddy any chance if ink'd 2 by skullcandy is supported in Lumia series.As there is a offer going on it now an they are just available for ₹900(I.e$15)

I wouldn't like to say for sure mate as I haven't used them myself :-/ sorry I couldn't help more , have you checked online for the titan 2.0? you might find them cheaper even with import ;-) good luck mate :)

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Of course the old Nokia Purity Stereo HD (from Monster) fully work with every Lumia (Play/Pause, skip, volume, answer calls, mic etc.). Sound quality is Monster quality. Quite comfty, good noise cancelling and very cheap here in GER (you can get them new for as low as 50€). But they are quite big, monster style, even though imo way more stylish than the normal Beats/Monster.

But I'm also looking for new good on-ears which are compatible, not to big (B&W P3/P5 size), good sound. Very rare to find. The good, quite expensive, stylish on-ears are only fully compatible with iPhones (B&W, Bose etc.) I think.

good to know the purity work as I bought a pair of nokia coloud from amazon and they didn't work with the Lumia 1020 ...... can you believe that ..... only one ear bud worked when the jack was pushed all the way in , when the jack was pulled out a fraction both headphones worked but the button didn't work lol :-/

Nokia Coloud Pop In-Ear Tangle-Free Headphones with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't like to say for sure mate as I haven't used them myself :-/ sorry I couldn't help more , have you checked online for the titan 2.0? you might find them cheaper even with import ;-) good luck mate :)

Yaa I have checked online buddy In India they are costly and if I import it from outside the custom charges and shipping charges will also be included and make them costly.
I wish there were shops in which you can check first if headphones are compatible with our mobile and then purchase them.:p

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia Purity Stereo HD are working yes, they should as they are specially made for Lumias. And they are very stylish imo, sound is ok, I'm no audiophile at all though.
But somehow I want something more classy, smaller, better build quality (my Purity are working fine after using them for maybe 1 year but it's still just cheap plastic feel you get).

My favorites are the B&W P5, but they are not compatible. And with a big phablet like the 1520 you need compatible headphones to make calls, skip songs etc. Bose, B&W, Sennheiser, none are fully compatible (esp. skip play pause, mic).

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Yaa I have checked online buddy In India they are costly and if I import it from outside the custom charges and shipping charges will also be included and make them costly.
I wish there were shops in which you can check first if headphones are compatible with our mobile and then purchase them.:p
Going off topic: Why the hell ddo Indians write buddy?
Is it supposed to be cool? Or is it because, all Indians are supposed to be brothers and sisters? Please enlighten me!

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss