Recently recieved the Icon

TomAd9

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
So I recently received my icon and have a few thoughts/questions:

Coming from the 928, I have read the camera is an upgrade although low light had a slight disadvantage. I don't know if there is a problem with my camera but I can't get a decent indoor picture. My mothers texting phone takes better pictures. Outdoor shots are great. Is this normal? I know people say to play with settings but who has time when they are trying to get a shot real quick. Also it takes a lot of blurry pictures. Now one of the things that attracted me to the Nokia's was the camera, not sure if this was much of a step up on the icon or am I missing something.

Battery - I will have the phone off the charger at 100% and check a couple text and send a text or 2, all within minutes of taking it off the charger and it is down to 99%. I have had it through a few cycles (got it on Wednesday). Battery isn't horrible, but it does seam to drain pretty quick, how long is the cycling period.

It seems to be a good phone, just not sure of these items and any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest to use Nokia Camera app, IMO that takes better on the go pics as compared to built in Microsoft camera app.
Also if you are updated already on WP 8.1 Dev Preview, would suggest to 'Not Allow' some apps in the Battery Saver if you are not using. This is equivalent to 'Stop Running in Background' in WP 8 settings. This would preserve most of the battery life. If you are not going to use Cortana much, better block it as IMO it consumed the battery most.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Icon since launch and also experience a lot more blurry shots. Indoor shots are super hit or miss, while outdoor remain awesome. I kinda miss my 928's constantly solid camera versus my Icon's hit or miss.

TomAd9

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest to use Nokia Camera app, IMO that takes better on the go pics as compared to built in Microsoft camera app.
Also if you are updated already on WP 8.1 Dev Preview, would suggest to 'Not Allow' some apps in the Battery Saver if you are not using. This is equivalent to 'Stop Running in Background' in WP 8 settings. This would preserve most of the battery life. If you are not going to use Cortana much, better block it as IMO it consumed the battery most.

I do run the nokia camera as default and have all background tasks off. I am running the stock 8.0.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
are you trying it with the flash off and the flash on?

also, there is the focus assist light which is good to use.

also, you can set the Icon to only take a 5MP camera instead of both 5MP AND 16 MP images simultaneously. I don't know if this feature is in WP8 though. But it's in WP8.1. From memory, I think WP8 only had the simultaneous option. Having to take only the 5MP means you can take pictures more quickly which means you don't have to hold the camera so still any more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786