Is the wait to long?

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I really like the design, specs and camera on the 930.
My question though, is it released fast enough? I'm looking for an upgrade from my 920 [which is still fine, but HD screen and much better camera + quad core on 930 are appetizing]

I mean, even when it is released, alot of countries will still need to wait even longer..

Then comes another problem, by the time the 930 is released the now MSFT-employees will be working on the next [flagship] phone. Given the larger amount of resources and advertorial power they might just aswell make a killer phone that blows all of the other phones out of the water..

I'm kinda lost here, luckely my 920 will do just fine for the time being [or till 2015 even, although thats far away] .

On the bright side, i love wp8.1 and i'm finally not getting annoyed by some of the lacking functions in wp8.0

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Go for the 930 ... When you wait for the next then a couple of months later there will be another flagship... Here in the Netherlands the release is 19th June

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Go for the 930 ... When you wait for the next then a couple of months later there will be another flagship... Here in the Netherlands the release is 19th June

Will pricing differ much from country to country actually?

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't expect the first MSFT WP device to be all that you are saying. Usually it takes time before these changes take effect.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't expect the first MSFT WP device to be all that you are saying. Usually it takes time before these changes take effect.
True, but i was making a 'what if' assumption more or less.
But i guess that I will go for the 930, I would love a green one this time 😁

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the waiting... It's taking longer than I imagined. I hope pre-orders will start soon (this or next week) on more websites and a precise delivery date is given.

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
The 630 is coming this week in the Netherlands ... Hope that means something for the 930 also...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To be honest as the 930 is running the snapdragon 800 chip, it maybe awhile before we see any windows phone running on 801 or 805. Right now the only disappointment for me is that 930 didn't have a mSD slot. But it is not a deal breaker for me.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I really like the design, specs and camera on the 930.
My question though, is it released fast enough? I'm looking for an upgrade from my 920 [which is still fine, but HD screen and much better camera + quad core on 930 are appetizing]

I mean, even when it is released, alot of countries will still need to wait even longer..

Then comes another problem, by the time the 930 is released the now MSFT-employees will be working on the next [flagship] phone. Given the larger amount of resources and advertorial power they might just aswell make a killer phone that blows all of the other phones out of the water..

I'm kinda lost here, luckely my 920 will do just fine for the time being [or till 2015 even, although thats far away] .

On the bright side, i love wp8.1 and i'm finally not getting annoyed by some of the lacking functions in wp8.0

It is a long wait, but we don't have a choice. Waiting till first week of June is acceptable. But July is too late

cdrw1024

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes. The wait is definitely to long. My lumia 520 (which I bought to only test WP and become my main phone) started misbehaving two month ago.
I though I would wait a couple of weeks and then I can get the coming Lumia flagship.
Unfortunately, it will take at least a few more months for the 930 to be launched in my area and then it will come with the launch price premium.
My 520 won't last that long. I'll might need to abandon ship to one of the android flagships :unhappy:
I just can't understand why are they waiting to release the 930.. especially when there is no other WP that can compete with the Top-Tier androids (S5/M8/Z2/G2 etc).

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The wait is definitely to long. My lumia 520 (which I bought to only test WP and become my main phone) started misbehaving two month ago.
I though I would wait a couple of weeks and then I can get the coming Lumia flagship.
Unfortunately, it will take at least a few more months for the 930 to be launched in my area and then it will come with the launch price premium.
My 520 won't last that long. I'll might need to abandon ship to one of the android flagships :unhappy:
I just can't understand why are they waiting to release the 930.. especially when there is no other WP that can compete with the Top-Tier androids (S5/M8/Z2/G2 etc).

Well if you are in the US, you have the Icon and 1520... that is about it in terms of specs. In all honesty you should be able to pick up an Ativ S or 920 or 8X pretty cheap these days - Out of these three I would say go for the Ativ S or 920, if you want the Nokia Updates and Apps, then the 920 is a no brainer. However if you need that removable battery and msd slot get the Ativ S.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting soooooooo agitated right now! I'm really excited to move over to WP8.1 and the Lumia 930 but this wait is killing me! I want to go ahead and pre order the Lumia 930. Have it in my hand mid-june and sell my Nexus 5 and be happy that I finally moved over. But with Microsoft and Nokia taking their time with this it's really hitting my patience!

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The wait is definitely too long.
MS is too damn slow with 8.1 and feature inclusions/OS updates.
and the Lumia 930 is just taking too damn long to come out.

Ill still get it but geez between announcement and release they lose a ton of fanfare, interest and/or momentum because of the longass gap of nothing in between.

If they want to do it right
No carrier exclusives (no one wants to change because of a phone, ESPECIALLY a windows phone which has a hard time enough of convincing people to try it)
1 month between announcement and release.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I hearing end of June or sometime in July! I hope to get a 32GB in either orange or green. I just hoping that all the LTE bands are built-in so I can use my 930 on any U.S. GSM Carrier I choose. If they do the exclusivity tie up again; I going to wait for the iPhone6!

cdrw1024

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I finally gave up :-( and, with a heavy heart, ordered myself an android flagship phone (HTC M8).
Two more months (at least) is just to much for me. I just can't understand MS/Nokia - people what to give them money and they refuse.
I'll continue to follow the WP ecosystem with my lumia 520, hopefully to come back sometime in the future.

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
That's also a very very good phone but I will wait, I really want to try WP again ( I had a HTC Titan a couple years back ) and I keep saying that the 930 with the two colors looks soooo good, I'm giving up my 5S for it :)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope you guys don't have to wait too much longer. I went with the 1520 and have been pretty happy with it. The battery life is incredible! I also like the design a bit better than the 930 (though the 930 is still nice... just too similar to iPhones and some Androids for me). I got used to the size but I still think 5.5" would be ideal.

Only phones nice enough to be considered at the moment in my opinion are the 1520, 930, and Xperia Z2. Not a fan of the HTC One M8's aesthetics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234