If you had to pick just one, what is your favorite Lumia 1520 feature?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For me, it was something rather unexpected. I knew the battery was a beast, but I thought the display size or snappiness would be my favorite thing about the Lumia 1520. Alas, it's been the battery life after all. I can get a good 2 days use out of this thing using a bunch of messenger apps, streaming some video, having 7 or 8 apps running the background, surfing social media, and making a couple of calls a day (typically on speaker phone).

I really do love this phone. While the display size is slightly larger than I'd want, ideally, better too big than too small for me at this point. My only real complaint is the swipe/tap bug. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to accept it my first week with the device, but now two weeks into ownership and I've decided I can deal with it, as I don't want to have to do without all the awesomeness this thing brings to the table.

Notice I mostly only included hardware elements exclusive or semi-exclusive to the Lumia 1520, as software features like "Glance screen" can be had on some other Lumias as well.

Last edited:

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I would say display size, then the included earbuds. They aren't half bad. Everything else is as similar with my other Windows Phones.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am a app hog, like to carry all my mp3's and pictures. So having a SD card is a must. If the 1520 didn't have one, I would be carrying the Note 2 or 3.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
SD Card.

Drives me nuts that we all carry around these powerful little computers that almost always end up being limited by their storage. Much as I love the 1520 and have no regrets if the 1020 had had an SD Card Slot it would have been a really close thing on which one I'd be using right now.

Having said that I've personally become very fond of the battery life as time has gone on.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I went for battery because without the fantastic battery nothing else can be used as you wish. I know that if I'm out I can do just about anything I want without having to worried about or try to save battery.

Then there is the display, the size(although 5" would be ok) the speed and smoothness, the sd card(I have a 128gb) the camera is fantastic as well but not as important to me as I don't take a lot of photos and for the ones I do take I carry a DSLR in the boot of my car. The extra tiles are not that important now with the extra tiles on all the phones.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Bumping the thread, cuz I want to hear what everyone likes about the 1520.

I don't have one, but I saw it at the MSFT store. My favorite was the screen! :)

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow, what I like about this phone.

1. Screen size,clarity,daylight viewing
2. Build quality
3. Speaker phone
4. Battery life
5. Camera
6. SD card
7. Processing Power
8. Operating system
Each of these drew me to this phone over any phone available.

I had to choose between this one and the 1020 and #1 cinched it that and the fact that my wife chose the 1020 at the time we upgraded together at the ATT store. Had she not, I was leaning heavily towards getting it myself, but luckily I didn't have to. She doesn't use her phone as I do and wanted a great camera and was more than happy with getting the best available at the time.

All the rest was important in my getting it and highly recommend it to anyone else wanting to get a new phone or change platforms.

Mac

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
VERY tough! I love each of them, and at different times each feature is more useful than another. If I absolutely had to go with the most frequently I appreciate one of these features I would have to rank them as follows (I voted for 'screen size' but could have gone w/ another just as easily, it was THAT close):

1. Display size/extra tiles
  2. Speed/Snappiness
  3. MicroSD support
  4. Battery life

Each of the above are at the top at some point during the day, especially with WP 8.1 DP in the mix!

I love the following, but don't get as much out of these:
Camera
Design/aesthetics

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077