Low alarm volume

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
The Icon's volume in general is pretty low. My past Lumia 720 was much louder. Just the beginning of the default alarm would be so loud.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I almost didn't get up the first morning I used it lol. Glad I usually wake up on my own

I like the default alarm. Its not jarring at all like most alarm sounds. Its starts off very quiet and never wakes my sleeping SO but if you dont turn it off, it's volume gently increases to be pretty loud. turn it on and let the sound play and you'll see what i mean.

bono30

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have complained before about this. You just have to find a loud ringtone. I went with the Detroit Red Wings goal horn. Still not loud, but it can wake me up.

Nitro87

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the Lumia 930(Icon) and have the same problem. It's a glich. I use 627.AM as my alarm and when previewing your alarm tone it goes by the Media+Apps sound setting and it is very loud. Just as loud as the 920. But when the alarm goes off it goes by the other volume setting and it's really low. Really hope they fix it in 8.1 Update 1.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
the icon speaker is not that loud. the speaker is one of the Icon's biggest weaknesses. My 521's speaker is shockingly loud and makes the Icon speaker look sad.

that said, some of the other alarm sounds are much louder than the default one

Portve

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
Media+ apps volume is all the way up and my alarm volume is really low. I'm a missing a setting to turn it up or is it just that low?

I fixed it! The dried glue stuck inside holes at the back panel
and blocked the sound.

I took the back panel out (watched howto on youtube),
peeled the speaker's protection layer off this panel and
pushed the glue off from holes using needles. Then attached
the protective layer back. Sound level has doubled 8-D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle