about L1020 not having Living Images and Continuous auto focus ...

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
i just updated Nokia camera beta and i saw those features have asterisk sign at the end of the sentence
at first i jumped to conclusion that L1020 won't get these features
but after a good read it doesn't mention anything for sure yet
just saying that 930, 1520, and icon will have these superb features

if L1020 won't get these awesome features, it breaks my heart
i mean L1020 is Nokia Lumia best phone

speaking of which, even iphone 4 has continuous auto focus
dunno
really hoping for those to be on my-1020
sorry for the frustration that i have

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think it will come to just abt all lumias later. Remember how at first double tap to awake was limited to certain lumias and later all got it.
Even with the Refocus app which was limited to the more powerful phones initially then came out for all phones so I think its just a matter of time.

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it will come to just abt all lumias later. Remember how at first double tap to awake was limited to certain lumias and later all got it.
Even with the Refocus app which was limited to the more powerful phones initially then came out for all phones so I think its just a matter of time.

ah ... you're right
hopefully they bring continuous auto focus and living images to all Lumia devices
doesn't make any sense if you really want these two features, you have to buy new phone such as 930

cross fingers

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I mean, if they'll start phasing out features for older phones, I find it logical to at least start phasing out the low end devices, like Lumia 520/620/625/720, because of slower CPUs and less ram.

After that, they can start trimming the Lumia 820 and up.

The Lumia 1020 should last at least a bit longer, due to its 2 GB of ram. I expect apps (read games) to run on it longer anyways than the rest of 1st gen WP8 devices just because of its ram.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The trouble is the CPU in the case of 1020, its now almost 3 years old and is not much different from the CPUs powering the low end lumias.
Limitations might occur due to that despite the ram.
But until a proper successor is in the market 1020 is still a flagship grade windows phone and shld be treated that way.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Same I was very excited for live images....I love my lumia 1020..
..I am sure live images and continuous auto focus will also come with cyan updates. ... :)

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I mean, if they'll start phasing out features for older phones, I find it logical to at least start phasing out the low end devices, like Lumia 520/620/625/720, because of slower CPUs and less ram.

After that, they can start trimming the Lumia 820 and up.

The Lumia 1020 should last at least a bit longer, due to its 2 GB of ram. I expect apps (read games) to run on it longer anyways than the rest of 1st gen WP8 devices just because of its ram.

I truly hope the same thing
If they want to trim the features, they should start with the low end and not, let say, all lumia series not having Living Images and Continuous Auto Focus

The trouble is the CPU in the case of 1020, its now almost 3 years old and is not much different from the CPUs powering the low end lumias.
Limitations might occur due to that despite the ram.
But until a proper successor is in the market 1020 is still a flagship grade windows phone and shld be treated that way.

indeed
L1020 is still flagship phone for now even they have 930
so they should still treat L1020 as a flagship phone despite having old internals

============================================================

this is messed up if L1020 won't have these neat features
a flagship phone that is not treated as one
and lol to that

rudedog1979

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
i just updated Nokia camera beta and i saw those features have asterisk sign at the end of the sentence
at first i jumped to conclusion that L1020 won't get these features
but after a good read it doesn't mention anything for sure yet
just saying that 930, 1520, and icon will have these superb features

if L1020 won't get these awesome features, it breaks my heart
i mean L1020 is Nokia Lumia best phone

speaking of which, even iphone 4 has continuous auto focus
dunno
really hoping for those to be on my-1020
sorry for the frustration that i have

But, I have discovered some strange stuff while using camera beta on Lumia 1020 with 8.1 preview, My camera beta updated the other day, I have been taking pictures and I notice my images are moving... Went to my wife and show her, she said maybe because you have taken many of the same, a la google images and auto awesome, but... No I actually have living images, I have just seen a guy in YouTube as well with a 1020 and living images! I have taken a couple of pictures today, and they are bloody moving!
So I guess Lumia 1020 have it already, if you want to check, take a picture and then go to the gallery but from the camera beta app, no from the gallery app, you'll see, happy to prove it if needed!

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Need to have 8.1 preview and the latest version of Nokia Camera Beta. Open the pictures within the camera beta app.

I have 8.1 and nokia camera beta....do we need any other setti g or app....I donno y mine is not working....do we have to keep camera at full resolution coz mine is on 5mp

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim

rudedog1979

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have 8.1 and nokia camera beta....do we need any other setti g or app....I donno y mine is not working....do we have to keep camera at full resolution coz mine is on 5mp

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim
Hummmm, it might be, mine is 5+DNG
Try that, but I can ensure that this really work!
You got the latest camera beta?

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
But, I have discovered some strange stuff while using camera beta on Lumia 1020 with 8.1 preview, My camera beta updated the other day, I have been taking pictures and I notice my images are moving... Went to my wife and show her, she said maybe because you have taken many of the same, a la google images and auto awesome, but... No I actually have living images, I have just seen a guy in YouTube as well with a 1020 and living images! I have taken a couple of pictures today, and they are bloody moving!
So I guess Lumia 1020 have it already, if you want to check, take a picture and then go to the gallery but from the camera beta app, no from the gallery app, you'll see, happy to prove it if needed!

not working for me too. 5mp + DNG. nokia Camera Beta and wp8.1

Francisco Amestoy

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
To get it working on my 1020, I had to:

*Install Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview
*Install Latest Version of Nokia Camera Beta
*Go to settings, swipe left, camera+pictures (or something, my phone's in Spanish) and "Reset Camera"
*Then, open Nokia Camera Beta app, go into settings and "Reset Camera to defaults".

That's all. Now I've got living images on every Still shot (NO Smart Cam!)
Remember that, in order to see them, you have to open de gallery from the Camera Beta app, NOT the Photo Gallery.

Downsides: Shooting videos became unstable when zooming into full distance (acts like if the hardware weren't enough to handle it)
Also, automatic video playing in the camera roll doesn't work properly (when you swipe through your pics, video doesn't always start playing).

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
This may sound dense, but how do I get the camera beta app? I searched for it in the store and there were no results. I do have a 1020 on 8.1 developer preview.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)