Nokia Lumia 930 on o2 UK

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the green is O2 exclusive, given that Clove and other sites offering the sim-free model are only listing blank and white

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
They had it listed about a week ago as Coming Soon, I think we'll see the status' change to preorder within the next week.

As an aside... I went into phones4u yesterday (I was just passing), so thought I'd check to see if they had any info...
So I asked "do you have any information on the Lumia 930?" - the sales assistant walks over to the wall of phones and starts looking for it... "ummm, ummmm"
So I said it's not out yet, so replied, "oh, ok, then no we don't!". lol

Whilst I'm sure that actually they don't, I am also equally sure her response was based on nothing other than "I have no idea what you are talking about" rather than actually knowing about the phone. :D

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd be weary from buying it from Clove, my 920 arrived in a fairly battered plastic cover and a scratch on the screen but barely visible when screen is on or has some dust on it. They put this little slip in with the packaging and receipt.

WP_20140518_18_34_59_Pro.jpg

Was I annoyed?

Yes, I was fuming but since I was in the dire need of a phone for work, I took it on the chin. If you can live with that, then it should notbe a problem.
Also I would make sure to check if you will be getting the free wireless charger when ordering from Clove.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on O2 and I can tell you the 4g signal is extremely flakey with constant dropped calls, my phone is fine as I didn't have any problems prior to "upgrading" to 4g. I have been through several replacement sims already.. thinking of switching to three when my contract is up.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on O2 and I can tell you the 4g signal is extremely flakey with constant dropped calls, my phone is fine as I didn't have any problems prior to "upgrading" to 4g. I have been through several replacement sims already.. thinking of switching to three when my contract is up.

I would also go with Three aswell, cant wait for the 930!

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The O2 'paper' catalogue that you can pick up instore shows it in green, orange, black & white. Very confusing - I've tweeted them for clarification...

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I went into an O2 store yesterday to enquire about the 930 (since I'm still undecided between it and the 1520) and the rep told me that O2 stores were originally expecting shipments to arrive on the 29th May but it had been pushed back by "a couple of weeks" for unknown reasons. Apparently In-store will be getting Black and Green whereas White will be online only.

However despite this, he told me he actually expected the stores to begin selling them "late June, maybe early July", which I think is WAY too late.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
How strange - I asked them today and they said that stores will sell all 4 colours and online will only sell green and black??? No word on shipments, but they think it's any moment...

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You are right, that is curious... I live in Scotland right now so perhaps that's the reason? I don't see why their Scottish stores would have different options to the English ones but hopefully all four options are available.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Well to add to the confusion, I just got a response from their Social Team via their Forums that they will only sell green and black with apologies for any confusion. I've gone back to ask if that's the same for the stores as their twitter response was that stores and web have different stock lines. To be honest i think they don't know...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss