OEM digitizers?

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a busted 620. Its been that way for a while. I tried buying another digitizer but its for a rev 1. Whats the difference in the revisions? I cant get to the menu as the touch doesn't work. Is there a way to back the firmware down? I tried looking for a while after as I really like the phone, and despise my iphone to no end. I would really like some help as to what firmware I could flash it with to get it to work. I flashed amber right before it broke in October. Thanks, and I have scoured the forums and googled the snot out of it and have came up with 0.

Can anyone tell me the difference in the digitizer versions? My hardware revision is 1.0.0.0, and I would think the digitizer for a rev 1 would work. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Revisions are minor (very minor) hardware tweaks done that are no way big enough to warrant a change in name. (example: Palm tightening up the Pre's slider mechanism after launch, a more major one was the Surface Pro 2's speed bump to 1.9 GHz, the Nexus 5's (or was it 4's) slight design changes)

Unless they changed something major, which I doubt they did, then any 620 digitizer should work with any 620.

David Havenga

May 16, 2014
Visit site
if you send it in for repairs all they wil do is downgrade your operating system cause oem digitizers dont work with any updates only version 1 which sucks as we miss out on all the great features.

as i hoped a future update would alow them to work again but no luck as so far!

you can downgrade it its a hard thing to google lol

Last edited:

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Nokia has severe problems with fake digitizers from third parties. These digitizers use cheap touch controller chips.

But even if you would manage to get an original one - the new one must be calibrated with Nokia Care Suite and a second working and calibrated 620.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SO can anyone tell me where i can get a digitizer my phone fell and broke last night. :(

I can't tell you specifically because I don't really know, but look for someone reputable who advertises an OEM part, even then its not guaranteed, especially if its sketchy-looking, but it improves chances IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans