Am I the only one with an awful battery?

wpcentralacc

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I feel like this is just my phone, but I am interested in other people's battery remaining percentage. Without battery saver at full charge, I only have 11 hours. With battery saver, it becomes 14 hours. However, in reality, this is not the case and I get way less hours than these.

Is this happening to anyone else? How is it possible that I have seen screenshots of other people's windows phone with like 80 percent charge and like a good 1 and a half day remaining battery left.

youhearmeroar

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ya, battery is awful. On 3g network with background agents like Whatsapp, Messenger,etc running, it only works for 6-7 hours. Heats up too.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My 920 was also terrible for several days after getting the update (I got it on day 1), but after that it's on par with or better than 8.0.
A lot of people say that and it makes me wonder if the battery usage is bad or if its being misreported. I don't think there is a way to actually measure percent left and obviously time left depends on how the phone is used. I think the battery itself has some logic in it that reports information that is used to create the estimated percent and hours remaining and that when the battery is new or all history is erased, it can take a while before the phone learns and percents and hours can be trusted. The only way to know if rapidly dropping percents or low hours remaining are accurate is to let the phone run until it stops and most people don't do that.

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Updated to 8.1 last night. Full charge. Off the charger at 5:59. It's 7:11 now and I'm at 73%. I haven't put it down yet though. Email and text for the last hour. Nothing to compare with though. Just got the phone yesterday and updated it before even recharging once to a full charge.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapa talk

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Personally a lot has to do how you use your phone. I can get through a day with mid to high use and others days 2 with light use with my 925 ! also you will get Lumia's with battery problems .

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My 925 has gotten through a single charge over the course of 36+ hours. I'm not a super heavy user, though. I do a lot of texting, playing word games, check the weather and use the List and Things app on occasion when I go shopping. Oh, and I also sometimes listen to Nokia MixRadio when I'm out, usually my offline mixes.

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I think the battery life is quite good. I have my WiFi always turned on, listen two hours of music or radio per day and play games like hill climb racing for about an hour per day. Also I'm frequently browsing over the internet. I have two mail boxes (manually synchronized so the battery will not drain). My phone can last from 6:00 in the morning to 21:00 in the evening. So it can easily last a day and I don't have to be scared to run out of juice. Off course you have to mind not doing games or watch videos for a couple of hours but with heavy but moderated use you should easily last a day. I'm using the Nokia Black 8.0 firmware, I won't update to 8.1 until I can get Cyan via software update.

Last edited:

wpcentralacc

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Can someone post their battery stats like how many hours it remains when at a certain charge. Like for example at one hundred percent I am at 11 hours it says on settings. Can anyone do this as well? I just wanna get the idea of everyone's battery because mine can never last the entire day. I would have to charge it twice a day even though I don't use my phone that frequently.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I leave Wi-Fi on, location on, with background apps running like Cortana, CRList, weather, messenger, etc, 4 email accounts 1 checks when new messages come in, 1 every hour and 2 manually. Use Bluetooth occasionally, and get a bunch of calls, web surfing, GPS, and a few games. My battery lasts right around 12 hours or so, give or take a couple hours.

Unless I maleficent free fall, then it's 2 hours, that game destroys batteries.

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Yea. 8.1 is eating my battery if those stats posted are common. Charged twice today already down to 10% after 5 hours. Just did a hard reset. Hoping it was a drain issue relating to the ota.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think people underestimate how much they are using their phones, when you try to figure out if your battery isn't lasting as long as it does you tend to use it twice as much. Been there done that...

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
No, I'm literally telling you guys that I'm using it non stop on wifi, periodically downloading apps, sending ims, but mostly just configuring apps. I'm averaging 25% an hour on 8.1. Not saying this is good or bad, just used to about double that battery life on modern android phones. I'm sure buying a newer windows phone would alleviate this problem, as the bigger models have bigger batteries and new power saving instruction sets. It's livable, but Ill have to adjust my use habits for now.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
On my 925 starting the day with 100% charge with heavy usage (reading news and playing Clever Words) my phone will be at 50% in about 4 hours. I have 3 apps running in background. Amazing Weather HD, Chronos Calendar, and Battery Performance.

vish0815

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
After the new preview for developers 8.1 update, my lumia 820's battery backup has become awfull. I just landed from 100% to 62% in two hours without using my phone at all!! And this too when my phone was on battery saver. The battery saver app shows that my battery was most used by phone.
Am I the only one suffering with this problem or is the new update troubling others too. Please do suggest if anyone has any possible solutions. Thank you!

wpcentralacc

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I just don't understand at how my battery level is only 11 hours at one hundred percent and my phone is relatively new so I have not used it for that long. I'm afraid that I bought a used phone even though I bought one that says it is new. It doesn't make sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes