How's everything with the newest 8.1 update?

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I haven't played around with the camera, but the battery life does appear to have improved. I've also noticed some touchscreen responsiveness issues with the initial 8.1 release, so I'm curious to see if the update improves on that.

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nope, on Ativ S the same problem with camera.
After the latest update it worked a bit, changing from camera to video, but it stoped working now, and required restart.
I do not know when Samsung come up with a fix!
On the other hand on Lumia 520 it is working fine.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
More information please.

I updated the Ativ S to 8.1 however I had to flash it back to GDR3 because battery drain was crazy at 30% per hour.
And the i8750 had a boot loop issue with 8.1

I hope this is fixed.

Thanks.

ptfuzi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Battery is a bit more good. But it was the first charge so only time can say if os really better.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
the camere bug can be fixed only by Samsung (new firmware)
new update is from Microsoft to fix bugs within the Windows Phone OS, not the Samsung firmware

you need to wait till finale release

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
the camere bug can be fixed only by Samsung (new firmware)
new update is from Microsoft to fix bugs within the Windows Phone OS, not the Samsung firmware

you need to wait till finale release

Just weird cause if the camera app is from Microsoft than why would we need to woait for a firmware update. I already tweeted this issue to Winphonesupport and they are already are aware of it. I have the same on my Lumia 920 that the camera refuses to open. I even sent a video to nokia and they told it is a OS bug nothing to do with the firmware.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Just weird cause if the camera app is from Microsoft than why would we need to woait for a firmware update. I already tweeted this issue to Winphonesupport and they are already are aware of it. I have the same on my Lumia 920 that the camera refuses to open. I even sent a video to nokia and they told it is a OS bug nothing to do with the firmware.

Sure BUT you are using a Samsung HARDWARE and Samsung HARDWARE needs SAMSUNG firmware to work properly with Microsoft software :)
Your SOFTWARE is from Microsoft so MICROSOFT can give you updates only for his product, not for SAMSUNG hardware

*cheers :)

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
my double tap to wake up is not working!!! anyone else faced this issue??? the option is turned on everytime but still the screens doesnt wakes up when i tap twice!!

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Didn't notice any performance improvements. It was smooth and fast before. It still is.

Battery looks like it drains remarkably quicker but need a few more days to check. I hate them not publishing a change log.
Apart from that marked keyboard for me still lacks one important input method. If the final version doesn't have it I'll have to change platform again

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Battery was terrible before, seems great now. Also the OS feels smoother, even though there wasn't really an issue before.

I did have an issue with the camera once, but usually it worked well before.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I didn't notice any change in battery life yet.
The notification bar has improved and no more lags while dragging it down.
Phone is a little smoother.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb