How's everything with the newest 8.1 update?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have experienced few reboots after the latest update... After the last update my flash does not light up after the picture anymore... What camera bug people are referring to?

shielah

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I use to b able to soft reset my 920 by holding the power and vol down button , now when I do it doesn't restart, it's the same as if I just push the power button, I have to slide down to turn off, then manually then back on. What's up with that, am I missing something??

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I was always hitting 48 hours of battery, if not 24... so it seemed fine. it feels a bit more smooth in L520. don't know if my sister feels battery improvement in her 720, but it seems some weird bugs have disappeared, with action center. like it will display lock screen even if I was at start screen when I showed the action center. seems a good update over an already good 8.1 DP

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced few reboots after the latest update... After the last update my flash does not light up after the picture anymore... What camera bug people are referring to?
camera quits working when you switch to video and back to camera or when you change settings. this happens randomly and not all of the time. since i'm not much of a photographer it doesn't impact me all that much. don't know if everyone has this issue but i'm sure it'll be fixed with firmware. battery remains great.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
More information please.

I updated the Ativ S to 8.1 however I had to flash it back to GDR3 because battery drain was crazy at 30% per hour.
And the i8750 had a boot loop issue with 8.1

I hope this is fixed.

Thanks.

did you give it a few days to normalize? after updating to dev preview 8.1 I had terrible battery drain for 2-3 days. it then stabilized and my battery life is as good as before update, which was great.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i am planning a hard reset. should i do it.
i mean, i am not gonna loose anything except sms and whatsapp records.
i am ok with that.

is it gonna improve the performance more?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
i am planning a hard reset. should i do it.
i mean, i am not gonna loose anything except sms and whatsapp records.
i am ok with that.

is it gonna improve the performance more?

i cant answer your question, but i can tell you, just turn on text message backup and restore them when you hard reset. You can also uninstall all apps which dont have precious data, leave WhatsApp viber etc, and then turn on app data backup. Then hard reset, and restore the app data backup and sms backup and you wont even lose those 2 things.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Remember, guys, that this is the ATIV S forum. Asking about your Lumia devices won't get you much help here.

Also, after playing around with my phone the past couple of days, I've noticed some improvements with the battery life, which is great. But I hadn't used it as heavily the past two days as I had earlier in the week before the upgrade.

Oysteindh

May 18, 2014
Visit site
My first post on WPcentral!!
My Ativ S i8750 goes in to a boot loop after installing. I reset my phone, and it works untill I turn off my phone or run out of battery. When I start it up again it goes inn to a boot loop...
Going back to GDR3 for the time beeng I guess..

Last edited:

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Camera bug sounds like a minor inconvenience. I don't normally switch back and forth, I just use one or the other.

I'm about to make the jump to 8.1DP

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Only bug I'm noticing on my phone, with this latest 8.1.1 DP update (my third time installing it - lol)

Is I get this really fast flash of white screen every time I close either of my 2 email accounts.

Thinking because of the really deep black background of start screen... and using white backgrounds to my emails, there's that fraction of a second when the two backgrounds aren't in perfect sync.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Only bug I'm noticing on my phone, with this latest 8.1.1 DP update (my third time installing it - lol)

Is I get this really fast flash of white screen every time I close either of my 2 email accounts.

Thinking because of the really deep black background of start screen... and using white backgrounds to my emails, there's that fraction of a second when the two backgrounds aren't in perfect sync.

I would assume that's the case, does it do the same thing if you have a black background to your emails?

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't do that, no.

But .... It happens consistently after I compose or close an email I've written or read. Which automatically places me with a white background.

I can open my emails with black backgrounds and see the sender ... but to read it or answer it - it just automatically changes to white background on my phone.

Edit: Happens whether I "X" out emails or slide to close.

Last edited:

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
camera quits working when you switch to video and back to camera or when you change settings. this happens randomly and not all of the time. since i'm not much of a photographer it doesn't impact me all that much. don't know if everyone has this issue but i'm sure it'll be fixed with firmware. battery remains great.

Same here camera quits working when you switch to video and back to camera and the phone randomly turns off and restarts itself. Even on camera side, first picture done the flash works, after that the flash lights up after the picture was taken coming up with dark backround. The flash works normaly only with the first picture taken.
In regard with the battery, (I have MPJ 2800mAh EB-L1M1NLA), lasts around 4-5 days, I do only light internet surfing, the ph. no. use as backup, so no many calls.
I noticed big improvement in terms of battery after the latest update.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Did a reset yesterday (I never did so before). When I downloaded and installed 3 extra languages this morning (but one of them doesn't need to be downloaded) and restarted, the predictive typing (and swipe) for these 2 languages went completely off, which scared the hell outta me. Fortunately removing them and adding them back fixed the problem though. The battery was 100% before installing them, and after finish it got stuck at 52% and is still here now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte