How's everything with the newest 8.1 update?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Well, as much as I hated to do it, I signed up for the $50 AT&T Mobile Share plan. It didn't help my MMS situation but at least Internet Sharing now works. That was a serious issue which I could not look the other way on. It came with a bonus because AT&T is having a promotion here where I can get free U-Verse 12MB internet for free for a year. Now I can tell Comcast to bite me. Everything has a way of working itself out when you continue to exude positive energy no matter the situation. The Universe smiles when Karma smiles on you.

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
New issue, my ringtone will always revert to the default one. Seems like some of the settings refuse to stick.

This wouldn't bug me too much but "Over the Horizon" just sounds to chipper for my tastes.

Edit: And Internet Explorer will freeze up and restart the phone but nothing that Samsung can't sort out, right?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
New issue, my ringtone will always revert to the default one. Seems like some of the settings refuse to stick.

This wouldn't bug me too much but "Over the Horizon" just sounds to chipper for my tastes.

Edit: And Internet Explorer will freeze up and restart the phone but nothing that Samsung can't sort out, right?

I haven't had IE freeze on me but the ringtone and some other settings reset to default for me as well, just needs Samsung Firmware to fix it.

Maglor1981

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Camera problem still remain. Sometimes flash works after you take the shot. Plus changing camera to video and then camera again freezes the camera and need restart.
Sad Samsung haven't addressed it yet...

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

no problem with IE but yes, hearing "over the horizon" if I forget to change it after restarting, makes me want to throw the phone against the wall(she says in jest). here is my biggest issue, though...I was planning to purchase the ativ se late june but my ativ s is doing such a fine job now that I am having a tough time rationalizing the money spent on a new phone. poor me. considering the phone was released almost 18 months ago, that's quite something.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Camera problem still remain. Sometimes flash works after you take the shot. Plus changing camera to video and then camera again freezes the camera and need restart.
Sad Samsung haven't addressed it yet...

It will be addressed, Samsung need to update the Firmware which WILL happen when WP8.1 hits GA.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Jeez, here I was thinking I was getting senile and not changing my ringtone. At least I know I won't have to start taking Gingko Biloba.

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Honestly after using this phone I don't see a reason to upgrade at this point, I would still have my L920 if I didn't donate it to my wife. With Android I would always try to stay current with the new tech, don't need that now.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have experienced few reboots after the latest update... After the last update my flash does not light up after the picture anymore... What camera bug people are referring to?

Now remembered to come back and comment on my own post. The after flash of course is not fixed. My mistake, few pictures I had took were on burst mode, so no flash then.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Noticed same thing with ringtone, after every reboot its going back to default.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss