Notifications problem after latest WP8.1 update.

anmol_gamer

Banned
Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Today morning I updated my WP8.1 device to the latest update which was rolled yesterday night. Since then I am facing notification issues on my device. The battery saver is off and all the apps are allowed in background. Still I don't get notifications. The apps I have tested with this problem are WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger and Twitter. My device is Lumia 520. Anyone else facing this issue? Please help me out. I am using WiFi 📶 network.
Thanks

fthdgn

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I dont think it is because of whatsapp service. It is possible because of your Battery saver, Data Sense and Wifi Sense.Turn off all of them first.. Then uninstall applications you are having problems and reboot the phone and later install the apps you want. To get notifications, you must have some messages on whatsapp, facebook or skype. Then you will see this app in the list of background tasks and notifications. Another reason may be because you are using Wi-Fi. Some users are saying everything is OK when using 3G/4G with turned off Data sense. Try these and see if you are one of the luckies, you are good to go :) otherwise downgrade your phone to WP8 with Nokia Software Updater and wait an update from Whatsapp dev team or wait LUMIA Cyan Update and Official WP8.1 released. Good luck everyone.
P.S I am one the users who downgraded to WP8 and happy with longer battery life :)

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I dont think it is because of whatsapp service. It is possible because of your Battery saver, Data Sense and Wifi Sense.Turn off all of them first.. Then uninstall applications you are having problems and reboot the phone and later install the apps you want. To get notifications, you must have some messages on whatsapp, facebook or skype. Then you will see this app in the list of background tasks and notifications. Another reason may be because you are using Wi-Fi. Some users are saying everything is OK when using 3G/4G with turned off Data sense. Try these and see if you are one of the luckies, you are good to go :) otherwise downgrade your phone to WP8 with Nokia Software Updater and wait an update from Whatsapp dev team or wait LUMIA Cyan Update and Official WP8.1 released. Good luck everyone.
P.S I am one the users who downgraded to WP8 and happy with longer battery life :)
Whatsapp server were down yesterday so it was not working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion