how to find out rev number for digitiser?

dibbley247

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Just repaired a 720 LCD/Digitiser. Powered up and the actual touch does not work!

After a bit of research, I think I may have the wrong Rev? Unfortunately I chucked the old one away as it was bust, and thinking like any other replacement, it'll be a straight forward swap!

Anyway, me not being that familiar with the Nokia range. Hiw can I find oit this rev number?

Also I was told I could reinstall older software??

The woman would like to keep all of her photos, so is it pretty straight forward to create a backup of everything on the phone, then wipe it to factory settings, and if that doesn't work, reinstall the backup?

Many Thanks! !!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Just repaired a 720 LCD/Digitiser. Powered up and the actual touch does not work!

After a bit of research, I think I may have the wrong Rev? Unfortunately I chucked the old one away as it was bust, and thinking like any other replacement, it'll be a straight forward swap!

Anyway, me not being that familiar with the Nokia range. Hiw can I find oit this rev number?

Also I was told I could reinstall older software??

The woman would like to keep all of her photos, so is it pretty straight forward to create a backup of everything on the phone, then wipe it to factory settings, and if that doesn't work, reinstall the backup?

Many Thanks! !!

Oh no, not the original part!

I don't think revision should matter at all. I've swapped revision A and revision B displays on old Palm PDAs with no issues. (Anecdotal evidence yes, and not really related I know)
I hope its just a repair/part error/damage. I once swapped the display of a Treo 650 and i thought it was broken and ordered replacement parts. All because I didn't push in the so called "zero" insert force connecter in all the way. Make sure its all good.

I don't think older software would make a difference, but its possible. Someone can link you here since I don't know wher eit is.

If she auto-uploaded her photos to OneDrive, she's good. (she can log into onedrive online and check the picture/camera roll folder to check)
However, if she didn't, just plug in the device to a computer and access the pictures folder. Backup in Windows Phone does not cover photos.

dibbley247

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Oh no, not the original part!

I don't think revision should matter at all. I've swapped revision A and revision B displays on old Palm PDAs with no issues. (Anecdotal evidence yes, and not really related I know)
I hope its just a repair/part error/damage. I once swapped the display of a Treo 650 and i thought it was broken and ordered replacement parts. All because I didn't push in the so called "zero" insert force connecter in all the way. Make sure its all good.

I don't think older software would make a difference, but its possible. Someone can link you here since I don't know wher eit is.

If she auto-uploaded her photos to OneDrive, she's good. (she can log into onedrive online and check the picture/camera roll folder to check)
However, if she didn't, just plug in the device to a computer and access the pictures folder. Backup in Windows Phone does not cover photos.

Thanks for the reply!

She is not tech savvy at all, so would not have made a back up of some sort.
Would I need to input the pin for the pc to access like you would on samsung & apple devices as she had a pin on there, and obviously the touch doesn't work.

The seller assures me it was fully working before sending it, but im sure they all say that! Luckilyi didn't actually install it properly.

Well, I'll keep this post ...posted? Haha.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

She is not tech savvy at all, so would not have made a back up of some sort.
Would I need to input the pin for the pc to access like you would on samsung & apple devices as she had a pin on there, and obviously the touch doesn't work.

The seller assures me it was fully working before sending it, but im sure they all say that! Luckilyi didn't actually install it properly.

Well, I'll keep this post ...posted? Haha.

unfortunately (or fortunately, since its good security) it requires the pin to connect.

dibbley247

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Silly error on my behalf!
As I didnt actually screw the whole thing down properly (ebay seller said test before installing) the spring contacts didnt quite fit!

So nightmare averted!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720