Pictures distortion/warped on top. People look like aliens.

mrhappi79

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Just got my phone and right off the bat I took some pictures and there is some distortion warping going on the top part of some of my pictures. It is more evident in pictures where peoples heads are near the top. Essentially their heads look bulbous like aliens.
This has happened at different distances from a couple feet to about 10 feet, with no movement from the subject. With and without flash. All settings are on auto. I've used both the windows phone camera app and Nokia camera app.
I wanted to know if perhaps I'm doing something wrong or if the phone is defective.

mrhappi79

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I read that description from the link but it talks about distortion where things appear to go outwards (barrel like) and not inward like in my pictures. Additionally the subjects in the pictures are at different distances. The distortion starts at about the top eighth of the picture and seems too exaggerated to simply be normal if you ask me. Otherwise this would be evident in many of the pictures that have been posted here as sample pictures from the icon and other lumia phones.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If you are getting the same distortions in the same area of your photos regardless of the composition, then your lens may be deformed and causing the distortion. If you just bought then you should be able to exchange it for a new one.

I've taken several photos with mine and the only distortions I get are what is expected from ultra-wide photography.

This photo was taken not long after I got my Icon. And I get no distortion.

Attachments

• WP_20140307_08_43_59_Raw__highres.jpg
    WP_20140307_08_43_59_Raw__highres.jpg
    913.6 KB · Views: 2

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
After looking at the pics, it'd be good to remind you that the term 'aliens' isn't really PC. 'Foreigners' would've been more appropriate.

:angel:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre