How do you Protect your 1520?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
With all that glass, bad things are bound to happen. How do you choose to protect your device from breaking? There doesn't seem to be any outstanding cases that I can find.

VK_WinUser

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Rugged dual layer protection case from Diablo. Best for the physical proctection & size of crafty 1520. I have a screen protector as well for preventing scratches.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I have one of these hard cases that protect very well the outside. I don't use screen protector, the 1520 screen is built on anti-scratch by Gorilla 2.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have one of these hard cases that protect very well the outside. I don't use screen protector, the 1520 screen is built on anti-scratch by Gorilla 2.

Before I put a screen protector on mine, I have scratches up and down the sides. No nothing is scratch proof

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the Day Joy glass screen protector on mine from Amazon along with the case featured today here on the front page of WPC the Insipio NFG and carry it in a PDair leather belt holster.

It is the best solution I have found for me and my job. It provides adequate protection against scratches bumps and drops.

I've found that the Insipio case gives great gripping while allowing you to slip it in and out of your pockets or cases and the Day Joy glass screen protector is the best you can buy for the screens so far. The Insipio doesn't add a lot if bulk nor detract from the phone and allows good a good feeling for the buttons while on. The PDair belt holster is a high quality (cost) solution as well. Used in combination it works great. It's a little tight in the beginning but stretches in time to accommodate the extra of the Insipio case. It also rides close to your body and doesn't stick out much to get snagged on anything. It is just a great holster made of high quality leather, perfectly stitched. It's pricey like I said,but in my line of work,worth every penny for it.

Mac

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Running either the official case or the amzer tpu with illumishield screen protector. Still waiting for the delivery of two tempered glass protectors I bought so I can compare and choose

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
With all that glass, bad things are bound to happen. How do you choose to protect your device from breaking? There doesn't seem to be any outstanding cases that I can find.

I have the kaleidio case from Amazon. Cost about $10 bucks or so. It's awesome definitely like having an otterbox except with a nice kick stand included and a stylus!

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
1520 has gorilla glass 2 (which is sad since even the GS4 has GG3), and it scratches very easily so don't be fooled. Highly recommend a tempered glass screen protector. I use one from ebay and a PMA charging case, as well.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Naked most of the time, at work I sometimes will throw a red tpu case on it.

And I do use illumishield screen protectors on it, lifetime replacement warranty keeps them looking like brand new.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

Standard rubber case, thin, and a high quality screen overlay (non oil, thick, high transparency). Phone fell already 3 times, one on a corner, two on the back (no screen affected) and it just jumped all over the floor. Dropped from hip height. A few more times from the sofa, one screen down. Not even a scratch. Either i am lucky or the thing works.

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way to protect the Lumia 1520 is to add grip with a case. I've purchased this from ebay :

Black Hard Case Cover Belt Clip Face in Out Holster for Nokia Lumia 1520 Phone | eBay

It adds grip to the phone, sides are a tad higher than the screen & allows me to pocket or holster it. I filed down the edges to make them smoother. The case adds very minimal bulk to the phone & holsters close to my side (doesn't stick out to catch on something). :evil::cool:

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I know I've said it before, but I like krusell cases. They have lifetime warranties. If I can't get one of those, an inexpensive tpu case from eBay always works. No matter the case, I just make sure my corners are covered. I normally buy cases and screen protectors when I order a new phone so I can have it on from day 1. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss