Bought a new Lumia 925 Grey

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I am a big Nokia/MSFT/Windows Phone fan. My father bought me a Nokia Lumia 925 today. It is awesome phone, I am really enjoying using it. :)

Suggestions and advice are most welcome.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Congrats, good choice! Got the same phone too, my advice would be to buy a back cover as it helps to prevent scratches on sides and it becomes less slippery. L925 without a cover feels literally like a soap! lol

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks :) Yes it is very slippery :) I will definitely buy a cover soon and also get a screen protector on screen. I am thinking whether I should get a back cover or a pouch?

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have mine for over a year & it still feels like new. Do the upgrade to Windows 8.1 Preview & then the update; you'll be amazed.

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks :) Yes it is very slippery :) I will definitely buy a cover soon and also get a screen protector on screen. I am thinking whether I should get a back cover or a pouch?

I've got this one Nokia Lumia 925 Hybrid Rubberised Back Cover / Case / Shell / Shield - Solid Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics. Bought it like 6 months ago. All 4 corners of the cover is already rubbed off a little bit, but still does the job just fine! Oh yeah, and on one of the top corners I can already see a little crack. But I couldn't be more happy, since it was just for ~10 bucks. I chose a back cover over a pouch just because I wanted like an instant access to the phone and imho, it protects better especially for L925, since taking it out of a pouch could just slip out of your hands lol

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting for official release of WP 8.1, as preview has some battery problems I think?

Well for me at least WP 8.1 (with the newest update) has the best battery life compared to WP 8 and WP 8.1 (w/o update). Of course, the difference isn't that big

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have mine for over a year & it still feels like new. Do the upgrade to Windows 8.1 Preview & then the update; you'll be amazed.
I have had my L925 for over a month now and it is an amazing phone. Awesome camera, crisp screen, great battery life; I consistently get a day and a half on a single charge with medium usage, a day on heavy usage and two days with light usage. The upgrade to WP 8.1 will bring your phone to life. It will turbocharge its performance.

I have coworkers all the time asking me fabout my phone because everyone is either Android or iOS. Seeing my phone impresses them a lot that they want to find out more about it. As far a screen cover I worked STRONGLY suggest getting a Zagg screen protector. For $15, it's the best protection for your screen. Every phone I've had has had one since my olds HTC HD7 & I've never had a damaged screen. A back cover is definitely needed so as to protect the camera bump. Otherwise, cheers and enjoy your phone.

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have had my L925 for over a month now and it is an amazing phone. Awesome camera, crisp screen, great battery life; I consistently get a day and a half on a single charge with medium usage, a day on heavy usage and two days with light usage. The upgrade to WP 8.1 will bring your phone to life. It will turbocharge its performance.

I have coworkers all the time asking me fabout my phone because everyone is either Android or iOS. Seeing my phone impresses them a lot that they want to find out more about it. As far a screen cover I worked STRONGLY suggest getting a Zagg screen protector. For $15, it's the best protection for your screen. Every phone I've had has had one since my olds HTC HD7 & I've never had a damaged screen. A back cover is definitely needed so as to protect the camera bump. Otherwise, cheers and enjoy your phone.

Thanks! :)

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
That's why I mentioned doing the update after the 8.1 upgrade. My battery life is even a little better than when I had WP8.

When the official update of WP8.1 comes, the developer preview versions be also updated to official one? I am hesitant updating to wp8.1 though developer preview I don't know why! :p

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
When the official update of WP8.1 comes, the developer preview versions be also updated to official one? I am hesitant updating to wp8.1 though developer preview I don't know why! :p

It will be updated as well. I've been updating my NL925 from the very first preview & also changed the AT&T ROM to a French ROM so as to get Internet Sharing.

I'm living in a country where I'm not privy to Nokia's support & I find the updating risk minimal.

billyweber0101

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had the 925 for 6-7 months love it. Update it to 8.1. You'll love it. No issues at all with battery. Better actually. I bought the back charge plate cover. That's my cover works great. Never got screen protector. I hate them. No need. But its what you like. Highly recommended 8.1 and wireless charge cover. Enjoy :)

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
why don't you try to install whatsapp? Voila! Whatsapp is pulled from the store. I think it will be fixed by tomorrow or monday. but till then you can't install whatsapp!
Hello all,

I am a big Nokia/MSFT/Windows Phone fan. My father bought me a Nokia Lumia 925 today. It is awesome phone, I am really enjoying using it. :)

Suggestions and advice are most welcome.

Cheers :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb