Will HTC 8X ever get tap to wake?

StutterStep

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Is tap to wake limited to only to lumia devices or will the final 8.1 bring it to every 8.1 capable device? The only thing I really dislike about the HTC 8x is reaching for the top power button.

Last edited:

Kubo159

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Double tap would be rly rly great. Hope some day we will get it. I need it rly much since my power button stopped working few weeks ago :(

anon8942354

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
The closest thing to double-tap to wake the phone is through the TimeMe Tile app. This app has a sleep mode feature that will display time, forecast, and temperature on a black screen. When you double-tap the phone goes back to Start Screen.

mayankmahi

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
The power button is the worst thing HTC ever built. I had to get it replaced from the service centre as it stopped working in just 6 months. They seriously need to focus on main features of "build quality" first :(

Grimmush

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
What they could do is add an option in the settings to switch the lock and camera button, and maybe add to that an option to disable camera button. I would be fine with the touch button that most, if not all, photo apps have anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb