Issue with my nokia

vilmusius

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Just wondered if it happened to anybody else.I have my nokia lumia 1020 for about a month now. Installed windows 8.1 update. Last night my phone turned itself off. To wake it up had to press volume and power buttons. As it's quite new, wondered if it's hardware or software problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thankx

Boris Alexandrov

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

As you may know, WP 8.1 even after an update has its bugs. While you were sleeping, some process running there in the background must have run into some serious issues. I'm not sure your phone turned off (that way you'll be able to easily turn it on), but rather WP just crashed to a really bad condition.

I think the only way to avoid these is to not let the glitchful apps run while you're sleeping. In my experience the most glitchful apps are IE 11 and maps, so you'd better make sure these are closed before you go to bed. You may also want to disable them running in background in battery saver.

Hope this helps.

NokiaBeast

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If you are near a Microsoft store, call them and ask if they will allow you to get on their "Complete" program. It's a phone replacement/insurance plan by Microsoft and it's far better than anything through a carrier. They might be able to help you out with your phone in the store.

I had an L1020 go DOA after running 8.1 preview for a couple weeks. Microsoft stands behind the preview software and if you're on the Complete plan, replacement due to software problems do not count toward the two allowed device replacements per year for the plan. The Complete plan costs $99 and brand new replacement device costs $50.

Last edited:

vilmusius

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you the suggestion, but I am in UK and we don't have Microsoft shops. It in repair with my network provider and I just hope they won't notice that I changed software.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

vilmusius

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, got my phone back! They just did a reset on my phone. I am starting to suspect battery saver. This morning I couldn't see glance screen when I turned battery saver off and it slowly sort of came back. For short period of time it was showing have of the clock. All the problems happened during the night with batter saver on. Anybody else have the same problems? For now I will not use battery saver 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett