520 with 8.1 power button issue

kikoeightone

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I know there was some issues on the icon with power button problems related to 8.1, but here my problem. Power button started working only intermittently shortly after installing 8.1 then stopped working completely. Took it to Nokia care who repaired it under warranty, and said something about oil/water damage which was previously repaired.

Had repair done Thursday, updated back to 8.1 from 8.0 Thursday night, everything fine Friday but today, power button doesn't work at all.

I think this is more likely to be a hardware fault rather than an 8.1 bug but just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems..

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
My power button died just 2-3 weeks ago. I had 8.1 installed at that time. I used nokia suit to recover to 8 and gave it to service center. They repaired the phone without any questions.
After that i reverted phone to 8.1 and didn't have any problem. So yes, Im sure that its hardware problem. But if he said something related to water damage, I guess the guy can give you a hard time.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I had that issue but it occurred before 8.1. The Nokia repair shop I took it to shook their heads and told me it was a common issue. They actually didn't fix it properly the first couple of times but seem to have got it right on the third time!

Pilgrimtozion

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My wife just started having the same problem. Very unfortunate, because we don't have the funds to just go out and get a new phone nor the freedom to just have her be without a phone for a few days. :(

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
My wife just started having the same problem. Very unfortunate, because we don't have the funds to just go out and get a new phone nor the freedom to just have her be without a phone for a few days. :(

If you are under warranty give your phone to center. They returned my phone in just 5 hours.

kikoeightone

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I was fortunate I switched on tap to wake, I very nearly didn't chords I wanted to see if it had any effect on battery consumption. I'm using tap to wake and quick controls to lock. Think I'll wait till back from holidays to try to get it fixed again. Thanks for responses!

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Sadly my mom's 520 got the same problem today...a little disappointing, no Nokia care here...double tap to wake will do for now. Anyone a quick tip on how to block the screen fast and simple?

Found "Simple screen locker" app.

Last edited:

Jonodw

May 28, 2014
Visit site
My 520 power button stopped working. Took the back case off and saw the button had a poor connection to the PCB. Quick fix was slide a tiny piece of plastic in there to hold the button against the PCB. Also did it on my volume up button.

anon(8151408)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My 520 power button stopped working. Took the back case off and saw the button had a poor connection to the PCB. Quick fix was slide a tiny piece of plastic in there to hold the button against the PCB. Also did it on my volume up button.
Could you elaborate on steps to do this? Just had this problem myself on NL520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs