Audio shutoff, when screen goes out. In whatsapp

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I received an audio recording for 4 minutes. While I listened to it, the screen went out and then audio shutoff. I can't resume the audio, I have to start over and I have to be sure to keep touching the screen to avoid screen shutoff or else start over.
Is there a workaround? I have whatsapp set to allowed on Battery saver. everything else is set to default.
What is the issue. Lumia 920 with WP8.1 doesn't have the same issue. I am running Lumia 1020 with WP8.1

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
That's a temporary workaround. if the audio is 10 mins, then i'll have to manually change that to 10. There must be something else, no?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I should think it's an issue that would be need to be taken up with Whatsapp. I've noticed when playing back voice clips that it actually uses the 'caller volume', and not the media/apps volume like you would think it would - media/apps volume works under lockscreen, maybe calls don't. That's the only explaination I can think of.

PAVAN NARASGOUDA

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi I am pavan i am using motog 2,even I am facing the same problem while listening to audio on WhatsApp when the screen goes out the audio will be stopped and again I have to press side button and start listening from beginning. But the problem repeats. Please let me know if any solution is there for this. But one thing is sure moto g 2 is not user friendly.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i have always had the same issue, now on my 1020, but mostly on my previous 920, its pathetic, i emailed whatsapp months ago about it, i predominantly use whatsapp in audio mode, to send and receive audio chats, and its a complete PITA to either have to remember to keep touching screen or set lockscreen to never, then remember to put it back to 30 seconds afterwards.

its basic things like this which are frankly worrying, although bizarrely, it appears random, that is to say, most of the time its as the above, but there have been times when screen goes off and it has continued playing!?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss