Voice recognition and sound recording issues

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
About a week ago, I tried to ask Cortana something but it couldn't hear anything. It said "listening...." at the bottom but it didn't even recognize a single word. Then I tried the voice recognition in the text messaging app and it didn't work either, tried whatsapp voice recognition and that didn't work as well, tried recording my voice using a sound recorder and that also didn't work. This happened shortly after I unplugged my headphones from my phone. So I researched about this problem on the internet and it looked like my secondary mic had stopped working. But somehow magically after about an hour it started working again, Cortana recognized what I said and everything else was working as it should. But then it stopped working again about 2 days later, this time it was plugged into my car stereo's AUX input, I'm not sure if that really caused it to stop working, but that's when I realized that it stopped working again. If I call someone, then they can hear me fine but if I put it on speaker then they can't hear me. Surprisingly there is audio in the video recordings. I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue because I think video recording uses the secondary mic too. This didn't happen just after installing 8.1 so I don't think that's the problem. But I'm totally clueless, I have no idea what caused this problem and how I can solve it. It's been more than 3 days now and it still hasn't fixed itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos