Battery improvement after repair

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I would like to share my story with my white Lumia 1020, which I bought through Amazon one month ago or so.

Since the beginning, the battery performance was pretty awful. No matter if I was just sending some messages on whatsapp or browsing Facebook, if I used the phone for longer than a couple of minutes, it would start getting hot in the back and draining the battery pretty fast. With moderate use, I would not get more than 7-8 hours before charging it again (I had to charge it twice a day).

I tested how much the battery would last if I left the phone at home connected to Wi-Fi (with signal on) but not even touching it or using it. The result was exactly 24 hours or so, which I thought was decent. So I started thinking that the problem with my phone was more related to the manage of the battery when using it rather than when it was in standby.

I finally decided to go to Nokia Care. I had to wait a week to get my phone back, and in the paper they gave me, it was described the following:

Detected symptom: 5402?Low battery capacity/battery drains fast
Diagnostic: 201?Mechanical component failure
Procedures: Mechanical component repair.
Replaced components: 00810R6-CARE BODY ASSY ROW WHITE LASERED

The man at Nokia Care told me that they had changed the polycarbonate body of the phone. I was very upset because I thought this had nothing to do with my battery, and he barely could explain me the reason behind this procedure.

When I came back home and after I fully charged it, I immediately noticed the improvement on the battery performance. Right now I am getting more than 2 days of battery life when at home (connected to Wi-fi, with moderate use of whatsapp, etc) and a day and a half with moderate use out of home, with 4G connection, some calls, whatsapp, Facebook and Twitter browsing, listening to music?

wp_ss_20140518_0001.png

So I guess that the problem had to be with the termal isolation of the battery, or the insertions or receptors on the polycarbonate body. Now my phone never gets hot unless I use the camera, which is understandable, or play games, which I never do.

I encourage everyone who has trouble with their battery performance with the 1020 (especially if they bought it to Amazon, because I already asked for a replacement when I first bought it, so this was my second mobile) to go to Nokia Care because they can get a much better battery life. 2000mAh is more than the iPhone's 1500mAh and so you should get at least an equal battery life.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reporting and taking the time. I wonder if the same applies to my 925. It overheats and runs out. I opened a ticket and was ready to send it but I can't live without my phone for a week now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea