Should I take off the screen protector?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
On my previous phone, the salesman installed a screen protector on it before it left the store, and when the cheap in-store protector got crappy, I replaced it with a Zagg screen protector. Not long before I was done using that phone, I peeled the screen off my phone, and it opened up my eyes. The screen protector was so gross, and it was amazing how much brighter and more vivid the screen was after I peeled off that disgusting protector. I bought my 920, and I never put a screen protector on it. Now, using it since the day it went on sale on at&t, I have a few superficial scratches on the screen, but that is far more preferable to having the screen protector on it.

WP_000668.jpg
Edit: Attached is the removed screen-protector from my Focus. Approximately 6 months of use.

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Haven't used one for quite awhile and it hasn't been a problem on my last two phones (1020, Icon). I did get some minor scratches on my 920 screen which were annoying, but the newer phones seem to be more scratch resistant.

Obviously, you have to treat the phone like it has no protector while doing this. Don't put it in the same pocket as your keys and don't put it face down on uneven surfaces. Be wary of jeans with hard metal buttons near your pocket and always keep the screen facing in so if you bump a doorway or whatever it's not the screen taking the hit.

darkbaby1991

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my 920 without screen protector almost 3 months now and it is scratch free. Used to accidentally dropped it on a gritty hard surface and the screen got no scratches at all. I just clean the screen with any fabric on sight such as my pants or my shirt. lol. superb screen!

trev81uk

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Took the protector off yesterday. In the next two weeks, if it gets any scratches I'll put a new one back on. Now this is my yolo moment lol

Hi, just wondering how your 920 is coping without a screen protector? I've had mine on for a week now and already thinking about taking it off. Thanks

trev81uk

May 28, 2014
Visit site

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Illumishield are great screen protectors on amazon , cheap with a lifetime warranty, fit perfectly and are of the PET plastic type.

The lifetime replacement warranty is awesome and hassle free

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just wondering how your 920 is coping without a screen protector? I've had mine on for a week now and already thinking about taking it off. Thanks

Not even a single scratch so far. Obviously you have to wipe the fingerprints now and then (use only microfiber cloth for this!)

trev81uk

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Nothing, not even a flip case (I hate it). Clean the screen with any screen-cleaning solution and you're fine.

A brave man indeed, but I've just taken mine off too - yikes! But, the screen feels so good.
I'll clean it regular as you suggest and keep an eye on it, first scratch and it'll be getting protected again.

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I let my lumia 925 unprotected since unboxing. Reveals the true beauty of my Lumia, especially this eye catching amoled screen looks great without screen protector.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
A brave man indeed, but I've just taken mine off too - yikes! But, the screen feels so good.
I'll clean it regular as you suggest and keep an eye on it, first scratch and it'll be getting protected again.

The problem is I can't use it with my left hand if the flip case is on. I do put a case that covers only the back though. And videos looks way more awesome without the dang screen protector.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss